Author Topic: Moving Question  (Read 3053 times)

Ed270329

Moving Question
« on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:20 PM »
I'm attempting to be a gold digger and would like to move into the other sims house. To do this I of course need to have them ask me to move in. What do I need to get another sim to ask me to move in?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Moving question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »
I'm one of those unlucky few that have never gotten that proposal, so I have no idea. I would guess that you would keep pumping friendly interactions and keep your finger crossed.

However, if you're a gold-digger, then you should be fully able to marry the other and in a marriage, you can choose between both houses. That will change your last name, but you can change that household's name in 'Edit Town' and the sims' names in the courthouse, so this is the usual route I take.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
Like Swede said, it's much easier to just get married.

However, I have had others ask my sim to move in with them on several occasions.  I think the secret is to raise the friendship level whichever way you like, and then stop controlling the conversation.  The few times I've had it happen it was when I just let them talk about whatever they like with no direction from me.

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »
I got one of my sims in love with another sim and was asked to move in but I clicked no, she never asked again. If a sim you want to marry is in a relationship just ask them to break up with their partner, then they are free to marry your sim

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Ed!

As Swede pointed out, the Gold Digger Lifetime Wish requires you to marry a wealthy Sim.  Upon marriage, you can move in with the new spouse.  I believe the new couple will have the last name of your Sim, though.  Whoever does the proposing and initiates the wedding is the Sim whose name is used.

If you have some other strategy in mind, it will be harder to get an invitation to move in.  The times it's happened to me, it was just random out of the blue.  But they had a full relationship bar and spent a lot of time together.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
The couple of times I got the move in option, has been when I took a sim to visit her son.  They were talking and he asked her to move in.  I thought that was kind of strange. I have only had it one other time and my sim was married and her best friend asked her to move in with him, so at least they do not have to be romantically involved with each other.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Moving Question
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 04:28:55 AM »
I believe the new couple will have the last name of your Sim, though.  Whoever does the proposing and initiates the wedding is the Sim whose name is used.
This may very well be true, but I do at least remember one weird thing when I did move in with the other sim: The household name. You can have several last names in one household, but only one household name. This you may want to change to your last name in 'Edit Town' since it could cause some difficulties with the familyfunds cheat for example, if you don't know your household name.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

Re: Moving Question
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:44 PM »
Another strategy is to switch to the other sim and control them and then ask the gold digger over and go on from there.  Then I believe you can also just merge households from Edit Town...not as romantic though.

I'm like Pam, I've had the sign come up where the 2 sims get along so well together, do you want to move in.  But that's after a long time of developing a friendly/romantic relationship between them, and I've only seen that sign a couple of times.  You might not want to wait that long if the gold digger is after an elder...you have no idea how long they have before Grimy shows up. :D

Oh and welcome to the forum! :)