Author Topic: Sims Families  (Read 2126 times)

judew

Sims Families
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:14 AM »
Can you create two sims families as neighbors in the same town? (Not in the same household.) I thought it might be interesting to have them interact as neighbors.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Sims Families
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »
Yes, you can. You can change between them in 'Edit Town'. Just remember; with the option 'story progression' the family you are not controlling may move, divorce, have a child etc. So if you wish to keep them intact you might want to turn that off. Also, with the option 'aging' that other family will age while you are controlling the first, so this you might also want to turn off.

However, these options influence the whole neighbourhood, so with these options off, no family will age (including the one you are for the time controlling!), no new families will move in and no families will have a child on their own. All that you have to force them to do. You can still age your famliy members with the birthday cake, but normal townies will not age.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:09:04 PM »
Hi judew, I have done this many times.  I have kids who have aged to YA move into houses right next door to the parents house so I can keep an eye on them. :D  I leave story progression and aging on because it can produce some surprises.  When you turn story progression and aging off, it affects the whole town and with my style of gameplay I like the surprising changes it can cause.  Just depends how you like to play. :)

I have one large family that has houses on all the lots on Pinocle Point.  I can move up and down the street and keep an eye on basically who has done what.  Just remember when you change households in edit town that your sims lose their current wishes they have rolled and any opportunities they have pending.  I just time it right to switch households and everything is fine. :)

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
I evicted everyone and started with single young adults, I went around them all to make sure they had jobs, I did have a couple living in a house and they had a baby and the story progression was off.