Author Topic: Can't maintain fire engine or sell at consignment shop?  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
Can't maintain fire engine or sell at consignment shop?
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
My firefighter sims couldn't maintain the engine.  The option wasn't even there and I tried it during work hours.  My sim had level four in handiness skill.  Also, my sculpter sims could seem to sell anything at the consignment shop.  Once again there wasn't even an option.  Is this a bug or am I doing something, horribly, horribly, wrong?
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

loveSims

Re: Can't maintiain fire engine or sell at consighnment shop?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
That is really atrange. At handiness level four he will be able to improve horsepower. Was anything greyed out when you click on the fire engin? The register at the shop can get bugged. Go to edit town and replac it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »
No, nothing is greyed out.  Just not there.  I remember at one time it was there, but now it isn't,  I really should have kept track of when it disapeared! :(  Maybe it depends on what level of the firefighting proffesion my sim has.  Also, the next time I play sims, I will try the edit town thing.
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »
Your firefighter has to maintain the engine for his entire career which means it should never go away.  Are you absolutely certain that your firefighter is still a firefighter?  Can he still maintain the fire alarm or is it just the fire engine that doesn't allow it?  If it's just the fire engine, it may be bugged and you may need to replace it with edit town as well.  I believe you can find it under buydebug or maybe even possibly community objects in build mode. (Don't quote me on the second one.)

The consignment shop thing is a bug.  If replacing it doesn't work, make sure no one in the house has any consignments still up there that haven't sold.  Have everyone in the house cancel all consignments.  Then the next day before 3 PM have someone put something up and see if it sells. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
Re: Can't maintain fire engine or sell at consignment shop?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
Your firefighter has to maintain the engine for his entire career which means it should never go away.  Are you absolutely certain that your firefighter is still a firefighter?  Can he still maintain the fire alarm or is it just the fire engine that doesn't allow it?  If it's just the fire engine, it may be bugged and you may need to replace it with edit town as well.  I believe you can find it under buydebug or maybe even possibly community objects in build mode. (Don't quote me on the second one.)

The consignment shop thing is a bug.  If replacing it doesn't work, make sure no one in the house has any consignments still up there that haven't sold.  Have everyone in the house cancel all consignments.  Then the next day before 3 PM have someone put something up and see if it sells. 
Ok, so, I've already deleted the game, because I got bored of being a firefighter! hehe.  But, the next time I have a sim firefighter, if the same thing happens, I will try that.  OH, and sorry about this, but I forgot to try the consignment shop thing before I deleted the game! :-[
Coocoos current story:

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
Re: Can't maintain fire engine or sell at consignment shop?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »
Ok, I havent tried to be a fire fighter again, but in the lessons, you know, the thing on the menue bar that says lessons?  yeah, it actually helped!  Never thought that would happen.  Is the consignment store option to sell a TAB whenever you click buy? LoL.  I can't believe I didn't notice that.  I will try to have my sim sell a book at the consignment store just to try it out, then have her be a firefighter, lets see how well a vampire firefighter/writer does.Lol but I seriously can't believe I didn't notice that!  But I had only had ambitions for one day.
Coocoos current story: