Author Topic: Consignment Store Closed Bug  (Read 14099 times)

wanderingivie

Consignment Store Closed Bug
« on: March 24, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
It is a little after 3 PM, gametime, my sim is at the consignment shop with her first few paintings, the doors are unlocked but there's no one there, there are no actions available for the counter, and when I click on the register it says the store is closed. Has this happened to anyone else, is there something simple that I'm missing?

I've read the site guide for consignment stores and it was really useful, but I don't think this was mentioned. I know the guide says all stores are supposed to be open until 6PM (this is the store in Bridgeport, if that's relevant).

Also, do you have to sell a certain way to get it recorded under your self-employed profits? I've sold 7 paintings through both buy mode and live mode inventory, received money for them (admittedly not much, just started), but the career tab still says I've made no profits.

wanderingivie

Re: Consignment Store Closed Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 07:38:50 PM »
Update: The next morning I went at 11AM and everything was fine, I didn't check to see how late they stayed open. Is it possible that the hours vary between shops? Does anyone use the Bridgeport store and find they're open until 6?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »

Also, do you have to sell a certain way to get it recorded under your self-employed profits? I've sold 7 paintings through both buy mode and live mode inventory, received money for them (admittedly not much, just started), but the career tab still says I've made no profits.

It doesn't matter how you sell them, as long as they are sold.  I've done it both ways.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
The shop should be opened from 9am to 6pm with your items being sold at 5pm.
Could be something just happened to the clerk that day and no one was there and they was replaced the next day.
I've had it happen a few times. The clerk was stuck due to a routing problem and resetsim fixed it. Or they died and the game had to replace them with someone else.
And a few times they never show up and I've had to delete the register and place a new one to get a clerk to show up the next day.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »
I've had times where stuff won't sale.  It gets so bad I just give up on the shop. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »
The store being closed isn't a common occurrence, but it does happen.  It could be a time when it's switching cashiers.  It's usually back to normal when I go back the next day.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
The store being closed isn't a common occurrence, but it does happen.  It could be a time when it's switching cashiers.  It's usually back to normal when I go back the next day.

I'd go back the next day, and still nothing I have up will sell.  I've had times where I can't cancel consignments to sale new things and times where stuff just doesn't sell.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

wanderingivie

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:17 AM »
Thanks everyone, it's been fine since that first day so it must've just been an issue with the cashier. I just overestimated the problem because it was my first time using the consignment store, my bad.

Thanks again!

anything