Author Topic: One sim that disappeared and one that can't sleep! :-(  (Read 4459 times)

Mycala

One sim that disappeared and one that can't sleep! :-(
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:42 AM »
Hello, group!

Long time reader, first time poster. 

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me with this bizarre issue I am having.  First of all, I use no mods or any custom content.  I have all the expansion packs and the stuff pack.  I am playing a Legacy family and fortunately I'm only on the second generation but still I've kind of become attached to the family already so am hoping to find someone who can tell me how to fix it.

Last week I loaded Ambitions and was pleased to see that there were no issues from it at first.  The father was going to the consignment shop on a daily basis with no trouble.  Yesterday I was a little tired of all the new sims with mohawks so I sent the mom to the cosmetology shop.  The following sim day, her avatar photo turned yellow.  Then she got stuck in the shower.  Her hygiene level was way up, but she was in there for a few hours before I noticed.  I tried "resetsim" to no avail.  I decided to leave the game without saving and restart after nothing else seemed to work.  When the game started back up, there was no longer a family picture in the loading screen.  And when the house appeared, the mom's picture was gone.  Instead of six people in the house, now there are five.  She's still showing up in the friends list of the other occupants, but there is no picture there, it's just blank.  I can't have them call her to bring her back, and there seems to be no other evidence that she ever existed.  She was a level 10 gardener and has a huge garden out back and now it's taking the whole family just to harvest everything.  My poor sims are worn out.

The other problem is that now the father won't sleep.  I tell him to go to bed and he'll crawl in but then he'll pop out immediately.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Re: One sim that disappeared and one that can't sleep! :-(
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:21:11 AM »
Hi Mycala, welcome to the group.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the father that won't sleep. However the disappearing sim happened to me, in a different way though. It was with one of my legacy teenagers. She stayed out after curfew and the police picked her up, but never dropped her home. No idea what happened to her... just vanished! Was expecting a story in the newspaper saying teenager abducted by insane policeman! I tried doing the reset sim cheat and nothing. She was still listed as a friend. Her avatar also disappeared. Even tried calling her however as she was part of the family it doesn't allow you to do that. Finally after a week I think she reappeared again. Just like that, walked through the front door as if nothing happened.

Oh, for your non-sleeping father. I've had the glitch before where I put them to bed and they keep popping up and down, in the bed itself that is so their legs are actually through the bed. However they do regain their energy bar, so whilst I found it annoying I just put up with it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Mycala

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »
Thanks Malteser,

I hope the mom will show back up.  My concern is that she's an elder now and I hope she has a week left to get back!

As for the father, unfortunately his meter doesn't change.  He just pops off to the side of the bed.  The poor man is exhausted and keeps taking catnaps here and there.  He's also an elder, and he's reached 88 days so I guess he figures he'll sleep when he's dead at this point!?   :D  ???

We shall see.  Thanks again!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »
Quite a while back, the bed thing happened to me, I bought a new bed and it fixed it.  I am not sure if that would do or not in your case, but it did mine.  Your right though, he only has a few more days, he will have plenty of time to sleep.

As with the other problem, not sure on that one, but they give instructions on uninstalling and doing a clean install of ambitions.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 08:43:15 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Mycala!

That's quite a strange situation you've got there!  I agree with Saltypaws about replacing the bed.  As for the missing Sim, if you really want to pursue it, you could try restoring the previous save if you haven't saved too many times with her gone.  You might be able to get back to a point in the game before she went missing.  Also, when using the resetSim feature, you have to be careful that you type it exactly right.  It's case sensitive.  The correct way is:  resetSim Firstname Lastname.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything