Author Topic: Question about CAS cheat  (Read 5186 times)

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
Re: Question about CAS cheat
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
Hi I always play with testingcheats on,and have never had a problem. Sorry but I'm very curious Who is twallan (I don't mean any disrespect)

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
Google my username, if you wish.

You should get sufficient information solely from the search results, without having to go to any particular website.
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »
Oh, wow Twallan, that totally explains all the excitement from the other forum users. I think I will be doing lots of reading of your information this weekend.  (Saves me doing lesson planning.  ;D)

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
Ok,  I did.  No problems so far.  I changed her faves and added a trait and then closed the cheat.  So we'll wait and see.  I did save right before I did the cheat and created a new file for the game after the cheat.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 12:16:07 AM »
Ok,  I did.  No problems so far.

You are probably fine then.  The only serious issue I have ever read about regarding "Edit Sim in Create a Sim" is when you alter the sim's age-stage.

And in that case CAS failures are immediately obvious (a sim left in the wrong age clothing would appear as a little person, or an hideously scary tentacle monster), but can be corrected by simply taking the sim back into "Edit Sim in Create a Sim" again and changing their clothing.

:)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 12:08:06 AM »
Hi I always play with testingcheats on,and have never had a problem. Sorry but I'm very curious Who is twallan (I don't mean any disrespect)
I was wondering the same thing actually. The only time I remember hearing a name like that is connected to something I won't say, so that's probably it? I turn on testing cheats at the main menu and basically only turn them off when I exit the game and have no problems at all. Move objects is very dangerous if left on, but that's it. I've deleted sims out of the game totally with that (on purpose  ;D) and even deleted a mailbox with it (that one was by accident!) so I always make sure I remember to turn it off after I'm done with it.

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 12:46:47 AM »
I haven't had any real problems.  I have had it where my game will lag.  I think I'll lower  my settings again.  Think that could help?

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 01:12:33 AM »
It might. Mine has bad lag in Union Cove where the mansions and alot of objects are. I also had bad lag in Riverview, not 100% sure what caused that. My graphic card is bad, so my graphics are already down all the way. Hopefully it does. Good luck!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
I also had bad lag in Riverview, not 100% sure what caused that.

I've always had lag in Riverview, but it will come and go.  I've also experienced a similar problem with lag in Barnacle Bay, only it's worse (it will eventually lead to the game freezing up completely).  Every other town plays beautifully (I haven't tried Union Cove just yet).

One thing that those two towns have in common is they both generate "World Cache" files.  I believe the problem is somehow related to them, although it doesn't fix the lag in Riverview if I delete them (like I said, the lag will eventually stop for a while).  However, doing so prevents Barnacle Bay from freezing.  I am only theorizing here, but to me it seems related.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything