Author Topic: I cant build basement my home lot help me please.  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Mert_61

• Nooboo
I cant build basement my home lot help me please.
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:55:11 PM »
here is my problem's picture.

as i said in picture i moved my home lot to a 64x64 sized lot.now want to build basement in free spaces(green ones in picture) i can but i cant cover floors i cant do anytghing to basement except that grided ground(red one in picture).waiting helps thanks in advance.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: I cant build basement my home lot help me please.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »
So, is that gridded space on your lot? Or is it that some of your lot is not gridded?
If you can't tell you can count the squares with flooring (You know the trick right? you click hold and drag and look at the numbers that appear.)

How did you make the basement in the first place? Please take above ground photos here and at the old house, and below ground photo there to if you can.
(sorry didn't read thoroughly enough.)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 09:07:03 AM »
Like Swirl-girl asked, if you can post a picture taken from ground level that would help a great deal. 

Right now, it looks like you've got a hot tub where the smaller green square is, which would be why you can't build a basement there.  Also, you do have a basement in the larger green square - it appears to be a room on basement level 2.  Are you trying to use the basement tool at this level (that is, the same view you took this picture)?  The basement tool creates rooms under the active level, not on it.  You'd have to be one level up, at the grass/ground level, and then you should be able to draw your basement rooms using the tool.

Personally I've never seen anything other than ungridded black space around a basement room in my games, so it looks perfectly normal to me.

Offline Mert_61

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:10:43 AM »
So, is that gridded space on your lot? Or is it that some of your lot is not gridded?
If you can't tell you can count the squares with flooring (You know the trick right? you click hold and drag and look at the numbers that appear.)

How did you make the basement in the first place? Please take above ground photos here and at the old house, and below ground photo there to if you can.
(sorry didn't read thoroughly enough.)

I built those basements before move my home to a new residental free lot.Also took some pictures what you want here they are:
first floor : http://i.imgur.com/kQNLljt.jpg
-1 (first basement) : http://i.imgur.com/IyMgDdA.jpg
-2 (second bas.) : http://i.imgur.com/Frr4PWb.jpg

Thank for your interests and helps :)

Like Swirl-girl asked, if you can post a picture taken from ground level that would help a great deal. 

Right now, it looks like you've got a hot tub where the smaller green square is, which would be why you can't build a basement there.  Also, you do have a basement in the larger green square - it appears to be a room on basement level 2.  Are you trying to use the basement tool at this level (that is, the same view you took this picture)?  The basement tool creates rooms under the active level, not on it.  You'd have to be one level up, at the grass/ground level, and then you should be able to draw your basement rooms using the tool.

Personally I've never seen anything other than ungridded black space around a basement room in my games, so it looks perfectly normal to me.
You replied while i answer.Posted the pictures.BTW Thank you too :)
P.S. : Forgot to say im using basement tool ofc.(not foundation/constrainfloorelevation tricks)

Offline Andy_555224

• Llama Wrangler
  • Just another group of pixels on screen.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
You can put floor tiles in the tile-less basements, I think. I've done that before. Or you could delete-undo it.

Offline Mert_61

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »
You can put floor tiles in the tile-less basements, I think. I've done that before. Or you could delete-undo it.
I know i can put floor tiles to tileless basement rooms but this is a bug i think.Game doesnt let me to do that in this sitiuation.I mean nothing happens when try to cover the floor. :S

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 04:51:43 PM »
And to Vinyl: often times there will be grid around your basement if you are putting more in, or have fountains, or extensive landscaping.
Okay, so I think that the gridded space was not given on the first floor of basement. but it was given on all of the other floors.
The game is probably confused about the size of the lot on that floor, for now I think you'll have to make do with 40x40 on that floor until we get professional attention.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.