Author Topic: Finding another sim's traits in conversation- without cheating.  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
Finding another sim's traits in conversation- without cheating.
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:02:08 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to find each of another sim's traits just by conversing with them?  It would be handy to have a list of conversational gambits to run to detect a good boyfriend option.   The last two traits are always tricky to find out even if the observant lifetime reward gives you the first three

eg what could I do to find out if my friend is hot headed? 

I hope this is the right place in the forum for this question.  Please move it if it is wrong.  Also please feel free to point me to this information if it already exists somewhere.

Thanks

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Finding another sim's traits in conversation- without cheating.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:13:17 AM »
You can learn some traits by observing them and sometimes their thought bubbles. For instance a "genius" will stand and do calculating in the air; "flirty" sims put their hand on their hips and beoften have thought bubbles of flowers or hearts.  "Insane" sims talk to themselves and strangle themselves.

Watch their reactions with other sims or when they are just standing around.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:15:26 AM »
It always seems difficult to find those last two traits, I use the observant reward but that doesn't always guarantee that you will learn all of the traits.

Without cheating the way that I will find out the traits and such of a potential spouse is by moving them in under friendly interactions when it first appears. Then I can find out their traits and if necessary move them back out via the move option on the cell phone.

I hope that this helps you.

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:18 AM »
Thanks guys but what I really want is a series of questions/actions I can do to work it out.  eg if I am mean to them and they are mean spirited it will become evident or something like that.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:29:56 AM »
The problem is that there isn't a series of questions or interactions that will guarantee it.  Whether or not you get them is pretty much random.  I've had Sims that had the Charismatic and Perceptive traits, plus the Observant LTW, and couldn't always figure them out.  I've also had Sims who discovered them one after the other during a conversation with another Sim without having any traits or rewards that would make it easier.

If the Sim in question has the same traits as yours does, you will find this out almost immediately by using the interactions that relate to the trait or traits.  After that, it's luck.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 05:33:28 AM »
You could use the 'enthuse' options and 'talk about...' especially if they pop up and they are not related to your sims skills or traits. Use the jokes and pull faces to find out humorous/childish traits. In between keep using 'get to know' as much as you can. Basically use as many different socials as you can.

PinkPanther

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 05:55:32 AM »
I find that if you keep using the 'get to know' interaction, you will discover some traits.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »
If the Sim in question has the same traits as yours does, you will find this out almost immediately by using the interactions that relate to the trait or traits.  After that, it's luck.

That reverse is true, too, of course.  If you have a sim who loves the outdoors and the sim with whom they're interacting doesn't throw up either a) a shared trait reaction or b) an incompatible trait reaction, you can cross both loves the outdoors and hates the outdoors off the list.  Not all traits have incompatible opposites, but some have more than one.

I usually find it's easier to pick just one trait I want and give it to the original sim, too, so I'm that much more likely to find someone who shares it faster.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:02 AM »
Get to know seems to be one of the better ways to get to learn beyond the first three traits.  However, if your Sim is a journalist or a policeman, the ability to question will reveal every trait. 

I've notice that perceptive + observant + get to know has been the fastest I've ever learned someone's traits but that's a trait slot that sometimes I don't want to give up.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »
Assuming you have Late Night, vampires can read minds to discover traits.
Private Investigators (who can interview), Police Officers (who can interview), and Journalists (who can interview) can all interview other sims. If the interaction is accepted, the sim will pull out a pad and pencil. You will learn all of the other sims traits, I believe.

EDIT: And at this point I reread Rica's post directly above mine, and saw she has pretty much the exact same information as me. Carry on.

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48:46 AM »
Hey wouldn't it be cool if a playable sim could ring up a private detective or the police department and pay for a "traits check"  Also spy on prospective partners to ensure their honesty re committment.

Thanks for all the cool info guys.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 07:26:33 AM »
That actually is a really cool idea, Banksia.  Or maybe any sim could ask a high level police or investigator for one, like they do with doctors and baby gender determination.