Author Topic: Sharing Household to a friend missing Expansions possible?  (Read 1700 times)

MadJack

Sharing Household to a friend missing Expansions possible?
« on: October 20, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
Hello.

I have all expansion packs plus town life and hidden springs installed.  I shared a household (including the house) and gave the created pack to a friend who then installed it.  Unfortunately the household does not appear on the household list in edit town, is this because the household contains objects that she does not have installed?  She currently has all expansions but not town life nor hidden springs.

Cheers.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Sharing Household to a friend missing Expansions possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
It should work fine as long as you didn't use any items from Town Life or Hidden Springs. But even if you did, the house should work fine, but the game will replace TL and HS items with other ones that your friend does have. Maybe the package was not installed correctly by your friend? I suggest uploading it to the official site and have your friend download it from there. That way, it ensures that the package goes to the right place.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MadJack

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »
It is correctly appearing in her launcher, however it gives the message 'this item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing'.  Is removing the offending items and re uploading a solution?

MadJack

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:43:15 PM »
Right, to claifry, I have now installed one of her families and it does not appear in the household list.

1.  Loaded the household.
2.  Edit town
3.  Shared the household with lot
4.  Sent the CC file created to friend
5.  Friend ran CC file.
6.  Household appeared in downloads in launcher
7.  Household 'installed'
8.  Household appears in 'installed content'
9.  Started game
10. Edit town, household not in household, lot, or any of the other lists.

MadJack

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »
Right, every time the launcher is restarted, the family has magically uninstalled itself.

You install it, it apparently completes successfully, but when you try to uninstall it it says the package could not be found.

anything