Author Topic: Painting Glitches  (Read 3286 times)

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
Painting Glitches
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:18:35 PM »
I've noticed a glitch when painting. If you stop painting right before you finsh the painting, then start again, you can continue painting forever.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Glitches
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Yes! I've noticed that too
It's good for me when I don't feel like constantly switching to a new painting once they finish.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »
I've had my sim get to the 6th level of painting on his first painting.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:44:52 PM »
Very nice! I would let them keep on painting and painting, however my artist is a Child and has many other things she needs to focus on other than painting. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »
I wouldn't recommend this technique at all for 2 key reasons: 1) In the beginning, you really want to amass a large number of finished small sized paintings to quickly work your way towards completing the Skill Challenges; 2) you'll be missing out on some nice wishes by painting a very long time — "Sell a painting worth xx Simoleans / Decorate the House with xx Paintings."

Offline blulightin5

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 05:52:33 PM »
I wouldn't recommend this technique at all for 2 key reasons: 1) In the beginning, you really want to amass a large number of finished small sized paintings to quickly work your way towards completing the Skill Challenges; 2) you'll be missing out on some nice wishes by painting a very long time — "Sell a painting worth xx Simoleans / Decorate the House with xx Paintings."
even though my skill is now 10, my sim still gets those wishes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
even though my skill is now 10, my sim still gets those wishes.

I didn't mean to imply that those types of wishes would halt at a certain point. What I meant is, at least for me, fulfilling lots of wishes early is just all part of the natural progression of character development because you're then that much closer to obtaining important rewards when cashing in those points. If you're painting constantly instead of stopping occasionally to fulfill wishes, then it just takes more time to get those rewards.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 02:57:46 AM »
Sometimes My Sims are painting for ages, then I cancel the action and the moment I do it says they have finished it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »
That happens to mine to.  I just try and pay attention to how far along the painting is and you can tell when the painting is finished, I just x it out.  Not sure when that glitch came about though, if they stop painting and do something else and come back, it is like they have started over, but, it is workable and not that big of a deal.  The sims that have maxed out their painting skill, I just keep x ing it out until they are done painting the picture. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:45 AM »
When my Sims family members finish their paintings, I hang them on the walls in the "attic" so that when the challenges/opportunities come up to sell or donate paintings I can go there and choose a painting. It saves me time from having to go to their personal inventory and select each painting one at a time to find which one to get rid of and at the same time, to keep the ones that I like. Some of the artwork is really nice and I hang those throughout my house.
I like to use the attic and the lower foundation space to store things - it saves time from having to go to build/buy modes and family inventory - especially if you have a computer that runs a bit slow. Wouldn't it be nice if the family inventory could be accessed without having to switch out of live mode? It sure would save time for me.

anything