Author Topic: Vacationer LTR  (Read 10696 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Vacationer LTR
« on: May 07, 2011, 05:23:24 PM »
I tried taking the vacationer LTR and noticed that, when missing work, my sims' performance still drops, but at a reduced rate.  This is consistent with what many online sites say the reward should do.  In the guide on this site, however, it says that vacationer does nothing but give random days off work.  I know that there used to be a bug where sims missed random work days anyway, and am wondering whether that is what the person writing the guide experienced, rather than being from an effect of the vacationer reward.  Or does the vacationer reward give both random days off and decreased penalty from missing work days of your choosing?  What have people found from their own experience?

secretsim

Re: Vacationer LTR
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 09:32:57 PM »
I've wondered about this reward, too, and I can't figure out what it does. As you found out, my Sim also has his performance drop when he misses work despite the vacationer reward. I've basically stopped "buying" it with my LTR points. Would love some clarification, too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 01:10:47 AM »
I think the Vacationer LTR gives your sim random days where he or she just doesn't have to go to work.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 04:41:43 AM »
I think the Vacationer LTR gives your sim random days where he or she just doesn't have to go to work.

Thanks for the response.  Is this something that you heard, or something you learned from your experience?  If it's from your experience, how recently did you experience it?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »
I haven't taken it often, but when I have I don't remember getting random days off.  The in-game description of the reward doesn't say anything about that, either.  All I remember is the decreased work performance drop when playing hooky from work.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Shyro

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 02:57:25 PM »
I had the same doubt some time ago, and I found this:

The Vacationer reward seems to reduce performance decay by a factor of 0.2. Ie, decay is reduced to one fifth of normal.

The performance flow when missing work seems severe: -10. That's even more severe than the being at work in your worst possible condition: -8.

So, with the Vacationer reward, it seems missing work will only give you a performance flow of -2.
Sorry for my English.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »
Shyro, where did you get that information?  It appears to be a quote, and I'm sure some members would be interested in checking it out.  Thanks.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
Thanks for the responses, everyone.  

Shyro found the quote on this site: [Link removed.  Site has mods which are not allowed on our Forum.   -Pam].  I found that too when I was doing research on this reward before I posted.  Since different sites say different things however, I didn't know what to believe.  Carl's has this to say about vacationer.  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/lifetimerewards/#vacationer

Vacationer
Lifetime Happiness Points: 15,000
I have come to very much dislike this LTR. It gives you random days off, not like what you'd expect from such an expensive reward. I was hoping my Sim would get to skip work when he wanted without taking a performance hit. The simple fact is, all that it does is make your Sim miss work occasionally, and this can be more often than you'd like. You aren't even notified of what day you're going to have off, so you get ready for work to find the carpool doesn't show up. Great.

Most sites agree with the first statement.  One other site agrees with Carl's.  Have you personally tried out vacationer, Shyro?  Do you know if it also gives random days off?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:05:52 AM »
I had the same doubt some time ago, and I found this:

The Vacationer reward seems to reduce performance decay by a factor of 0.2. Ie, decay is reduced to one fifth of normal.

The performance flow when missing work seems severe: -10. That's even more severe than the being at work in your worst possible condition: -8.

So, with the Vacationer reward, it seems missing work will only give you a performance flow of -2.

Please do not quote information from sources without giving credit.  In this case, it came from a mod site and should not have been mentioned at all.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 02:20:32 AM »
I decided to go ahead and test this LTR to be sure of how it worked.  I played two sims simultaneously though 11 work days each (22 work days total).  Neither of them had any random work days off, but their work performance dropped much less from playing hooky than when other sims do the same thing.  From this I'm pretty sure I understand how this LTR works now.

Offline Shyro

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
Most sites agree with the first statement. One other site agrees with Carl's. Have you personally tried out vacationer, Shyro?  Do you know if it also gives random days off?

I've tested it several times and I've never had days off.

Please do not quote information from sources without giving credit. In this case, it came from a mod site and should not have been mentioned at all.

I found that information using google some time ago, and it's from a forum.
So, if I can't link because it's a mod site (I didn't even know that), and if I can't quote, what can I do? Should I answer the question like the information came from me? Should I ignore the question?

Please, answer me. ???
Sorry for my English.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »
Shyro, if you're going to quote someone, you need to give credit, as Pam said.  

You also know that discussing mods or linking to sites that promote mod use is prohibited in this forum - this issue has come up before.  And the forum rules are very clear on this point. 

If you have information you think may be useful to someone else, feel free to paraphrase it, for example:  "I have read that ...".  

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Shyro

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
Ok. I'll do that next time, sorry.

I quoted the information because my English isn't good, and find it hard to use my own words.
Sorry for my English.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
There are a lot of members here whose first language isn't English.  As long as everyone follows the rules and does their best to use correct English, it's not a problem.

JetStreamJam

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »
Sorry for bumping this up again, but did anyone tried using this Vacationer LTR for a sim who is an Astronaut? will that give you an assured day off since its only a 1 day work every week?