Author Topic: Sim's work panel saying "going to work" while at work.  (Read 2568 times)

kman5039

Sim's work panel saying "going to work" while at work.
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
Sorry I'm new here, and decided to create an account due to my recent issue.
The problem is that when my doctor sim (level 7, Trauma Surgeon) is at work the "Going to work" message in the career panel doesn't go away after his shift starts, and he doesn't gain progress, even though he has two excellent ratings (his logic and mood) and 1 level above normal for research.
My game is fully up to date, and I have all expansions/stuff packs. This problem just started when he reached level 7. I have tried resetting his apartment, but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Leto85

Re: Sim's work panel saying "going to work" while at work.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:43:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum kman5039,

I've had something similair where my sim would disapear in his work building to come out instantly. As a side effect my other sims are starting to either disapear or freeze randomly so I wasn't that charmed about it. And let me guess, this all started after you installed Generations right, with the family you've created before that installation? ;)
In my game it all started around 09:00 am as that was the time normally foreign visitors should apear which I have invited (which seems to be a bug here) and the only thing that I have found to get around it is to move my whole family (including house) to a brand new neighbourhood.

I asume this is something you obviously don't want to do, but I personally didn't find another solution so that was the remaining thing to do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

kman5039

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
Actually no, I've created the family after installing Generations. Thank-you, I'll see if it works. Oh and thanks for the warm welcome, this is such a great forum.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »
I have also had this problem.  My solution was to cancel the work icon, making them leave work for a moment, then not just click the Go To Work button but to right click on their rabbit hole work and select Go To Work.  So far it has happened twice, both with the criminal career, on a family I created after installing Generations.

kman5039

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:12 PM »
That didn't work for me, maybe I didn't wait long enough. Thanks, that's a MUCH better solution than changing worlds every week or so o_O

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 09:14:49 AM »
I have had this problem a number of times. First, in the Culinary career, and now in the criminal career. Sofar, on this particular day - being a Monday, my sim who is a getaway driver (4) did not start 'working' and getting progress in their career tab until midnight, no matter what I did. I left the building and entered again. Twice. I tried reset sim, for both my sim and her boss, separately, and that didn't work etiher. I tried exiting, deleting the caches and restarting, then doing all those things over again. All to no avail. No matter what I did, her performance didn't increase until midnight. I'm wonding if it is a programing glitch, where at some point EA changed the time that the career was supposed to start/end?

anything