Author Topic: Lots and lots of time off work  (Read 10652 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Lots and lots of time off work
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »
My daughter is a Astronaut so only works 1 day a week, Mondays. She got married on a Sunday and after getting married she got time off work and then she got pregnant on Monday and was give some more time off to have the kid.
I guess the time off only counts for days you have to work because she doesn't have to be back to work for 34 days.  :o
That's enough time to have the kid and raise it to an adult.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Sportsfan

Re: Lots and lots of time off work
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »
That's great! They still get paid that whole time too?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
Hey, that's kind of cool. I wonder how that works for Rock Stars. Since they technically have a job, they should get days off. However, they get to work whenever they want. Anybody know?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
My Rock Star in my Wishmasters challenge didn't get an days off work neither did he get paid for personal time off (or whatever the game calls it) when he adopted his child (still working on the challenge). Not sure if getting married or having a child through birth would be different.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »
I have had this problem sometimes and I find it to be quite annoying when I am waiting to send my sim back to work to work on her performance to earn promotions.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »
I agree. Normally if I want them to basically work when they want, I have them be self-employed so if one of mine has a job, it's to get to level 10 as fast as possible, so I have to refrain from having kids til she's level 10 and it gets very annoying as Pally said.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:42:14 PM »
I agree that it gets annoying. I also don't like how with some patch--I don't know which one--they changed it to where dad sims get time off, too. You only need one sim to take care of a baby. I think they should make it to where you get to pick who gets personal time. Mainly because I make it a habit to marry a sim and then immediately have a baby, and then the family now gets like a whole week off.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:11 PM »
I can see how that would be annoying. But in this case it didn't matter, as soon as the baby was born I moved them out to their own place.
The husband is a astronaut also and he's off for 14 days from the marriage.  I don't think he got any extra time off for the baby.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
Fourteen days? Wait, does that include the days he's not working? I've not played with adoption much, so I can't recall if you actually get days off for adopting.

So did you adopt and then marry/move in with someone else? Because if you were supposed to have time off from the adoption and then you moved, I guess I could see if the game forgot about that time off.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
That's a very long maternity leave, 34 years (assuming a Sim day is a real life year), just think. :o
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa