Author Topic: Odd Baby Boy  (Read 4410 times)

dardar227

Odd Baby Boy
« on: August 15, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »
One of my Sims couples has a child, when his avatar shows it looks like he's wearing a solid black glove, then from his neck down on the other side, his entire body is black. I didn't save that game but later copied the couple and placed them in another town. Same results for the baby, except when someone puts him in his crib a long streak of blue emits from his body as far as the eye can see into the sky, like the light memorial after 9/11. Should I wait until he grows more or age progress him? I don't mind what color he is as long as his whole body is the same one but I know this has to be yet another bug. His dad always wears dark clothes and his mother is a blond, could the game have generated the baby this way combining elements of its parents? And what's up with the laser beam?  ???

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: Odd Baby Boy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:55:31 PM »
If this is a glitch, as it may be, it is the strangest one I've ever come across. ???

Do you mind posting a screenshot, please?
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

dardar227

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 12:01:36 AM »
Sure, I'll let them have the baby one more time and post some screen shots.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:33:26 AM »
Do you have any mods or CC in your game?  Sometimes that is the culprit, if not, then it really is strange.  I have seen babies skin sort of patchy, but it went away when they aged up to toddler, but nothing like you have described.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 02:35:36 AM »
If you don't have any mod or cc, then such distortion can be caused by an unsupported graphic card. What's yours?
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:56 AM »
It could be buggy cc from the official store as well, so don`t overlook that. Otherwise stop letting your kids mess with the space time cake continuum and buy them a xylophone instead!

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:35:14 AM »
The long streak stretching from the baby is likely to be cc that has been marked incorrectly for babies.  I don't know about the blackness though probably the same thing.  If you don't have cc then, as BellaClo said, it could be your graphics card.  It might be overheating because of dust.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

dardar227

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 04:15:15 AM »
I couldn't get the beam of light this time and the baby had white parts, like a body cast. He even seems to already have male pattern baldness.

I'm using an NVIDIA Video card, GeForce GT 220, with 1GB on board RAM.
Seems like I recall reading about some issues with The Sims and NVIDIA drivers.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:19:33 AM »
I had the same issue, and I got mine from Exchange CC. I had accidently downloaded a sim which had a "Nude" pajama set, and the set seemed to be available to all life-stages, hence making babies glitchy. And I mean All babies where glitchy.

dardar227

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 04:32:40 AM »
Thanks, just to know someone else had the same problem is still a comfort. With computers and driver clashes with software, I'm prepared for anything. I don't recall having any skin replacement files or CCs after I reinstalled everything a couple weeks back but with exchange items, anything is possible. Over the weekend I downloaded quite a few Sims from the exchange and I think the mother's face and hair were exchange items.

Did your baby become normal after this "odd stage" or did it keep it into older stages? Is it possible for certain Sim couples that contain custom features make strange babies?

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 04:37:35 AM »
Thanks, just to know someone else had the same problem is still a comfort. With computers and driver clashes with software, I'm prepared for anything. I don't recall having any skin replacement files or CCs after I reinstalled everything a couple weeks back but with exchange items, anything is possible. Over the weekend I downloaded quite a few Sims from the exchange and I think the mother's face and hair were exchange items.

Did your baby become normal after this "odd stage" or did it keep it into older stages? Is it possible for certain Sim couples that contain custom features make strange babies?

In my experience, It was all babies that had the glitchiness, not just babies that had no CC. After the baby stage, you can change the the outfit of the sim by Edit-In-CAS, or by using the dresser. In my experience, that is the only way.

dardar227

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 04:42:53 AM »
Many thanks again. I'll keep that in mind as now there seems to be hope for a normal life. I was even just tempted to delete the character but that just seemed wrong.  :'(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 07:05:38 AM »
My experience with this was caused by third party custom content in my game.  It was attached to a house or a Sim I downloaded from the Exchange before I knew not to do that.  I would recommend removing everything that came from the Exchange or any other site.  You can also click the box for Run Without Custom Content.  It will take out your EA custom content, but you'll be able to find out of CC is the culprit.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."