Author Topic: ResetSim Problems  (Read 5830 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
ResetSim Problems
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:03:25 AM »
As seen in one of my posts:

It doesn't for me. It just resets my Sim wherever they are (at home or at the park), canceling all current or scheduled actions.

"It" is the ResetSim cheat. The cheat is said to teleport Sims back home, but it apparently doesn't work that way for me. Is this a bug or something? Anyone else with the same problem? Is there a solution? And yes, I restarted my game multiple times, along with the computer itself, but it keeps on doing the same thing over and over. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: ResetSim Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:18:19 AM »
I've never seen that.

:cough: just to be sure :cough: Are you sure you type it right? If there is a mistake in the code (resetsam for instance), the game will give a message. But if you make a mistake in some of the input (faulty spelling the Sim's name for instance), I think nothing happens and no message either.

Test this with the general resetsim * maybe, and when your active Sims are not at home already.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 06:01:30 AM »
Bella, I'm sure I'm typing it (and the Sims' names) right because they are being reset, but in a different way. I tried resetsim * multiple times in various EA towns (Bridgeport for one, I guess it was more than obvious :P ), but it gives me the same result. Thanks for the help, though.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 06:07:43 AM »
I guessed you had it right, indeed, but it was worth trying. I'm sorry but I have no idea for your problem.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 06:32:15 AM »
I guessed you had it right, indeed, but it was worth trying. I'm sorry but I have no idea for your problem.

Oh, never mind, should be some weird glitch in my game or something. :)

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 07:07:23 AM »
Normally, it will reset you, if your not on your home lot, to the "Beginning" of the lot. That's what I've always thought, anyway.

anything