Author Topic: My Sim Refuses to Go to Work?!  (Read 2740 times)

Offline ellestrix

• Nooboo
My Sim Refuses to Go to Work?!
« on: April 15, 2017, 09:47:45 PM »
I'm playing The Sims 3 with the Dragon Valley city.  I started with a nice (insane) Sim, Elisábet Báthory, and got her romantically involved with an NPC, Mason Sackholme.  After an illegitimate child (Zsófia) was born, and caked up into a child (after potty training, walking, and talking ofc), I decided it was time to get them married.  I got Mason and Elisábet married, and they stayed in the house that I had initially bought when I started playing Elisábet.  They got married on a Saturday, and received a couple of days off from work.  So far, so good.
The problem arises on Wednesday, when Mason and Elisábet are to return to work.  Elisábet is at work, at Garda Police and Military (also a building they own), and doing fine.  Her mood, logic, and relationship with her partner are maxed out.  Same with Mason, except he's not going to work.  I've tried using testingcheatsenabled true to take away his "absent-minded" trait (I replaced it with "brave") by giving him Lifetime Happiness Points (I found that editing Sims in CAS takes away their LTR and sometimes changes their LTP, so I haven't been using it) and using the "mid-life crisis" reward.  I've maxed out his mood, and tried everything I could, but he's not going to work.  I need to get him to work because he's only a Desk Jockey (Law Enforcement 2), and I'm trying to grant him the Jack-of-All-Trades LTW.
Any suggestions?

TL;DR--> former townie from Dragon Valley now part of family and refuses to work, need help to get him to work

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: My Sim Refuses to Go to Work?!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 11:43:33 PM »
I've had the problem many times, if it's what I suspect it comes from career outfit corruption. The sim needs to wear its career outfit before going to work, but it can't use the career outfit so it gets stuck. Use the dresser to add a new career outfit to your sim. Change your sim's outfit to its new career outfit. From that moment your sim should be capable of going to work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 12:05:41 AM »
What happens when the carpool comes? Does your sim get the command to go, and it disappears? Or does it not pop up at all? Have you tried switching to the sim and choosing the "go to work" button on the work info box?

I have a similar problem with one of my sims, where he just doesn't go to work. In mine, he works in the criminal career, and when the carpool comes, he is usually asleep. Or completely misses it. Sometimes I have to just switch to him and make him go to work manually. Most of the time I make him wear the work uniform before the carpool comes, so they dash right to it before it leaves. Sometimes sims are just a little finicky.

Offline ellestrix

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
What happens when the carpool comes? Does your sim get the command to go, and it disappears? Or does it not pop up at all? Have you tried switching to the sim and choosing the "go to work" button on the work info box?
When the carpool came and each time I hit the "go to work" option on his career tab or his car (even when I queue the action), it just vanishes from his queue and he doesn't do it.  I've even tried selecting the place where he works, but it's not showing "police", just "military" options (as well as the options to rename and fire sims because they own the building).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 03:51:03 PM »
This might seem to be a stupid question, but have you tried resetting the Sim or evict household to see if it will help?

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »
When the carpool came and each time I hit the "go to work" option on his career tab or his car (even when I queue the action), it just vanishes from his queue and he doesn't do it.  I've even tried selecting the place where he works, but it's not showing "police", just "military" options (as well as the options to rename and fire sims because they own the building).

Ah. I see the problem. The game is registering you as owning the lot, but somehow not working there. I've had this happen to me a bunch of times. This is somethings I did that might help;

- Sell the lot, then try going to work.
- If that doesn't help, go into buy mode on the lot through edit town if you no longer own it, delete/sell the rabbit hole building and then place one exactly the same in the same place.

Sometimes rabbit holes get a bit glitchy. Something to do with townies using them as well. It is usually just that one particular rabbit hole building that has glitched not the lot or your sims. These happen even if you don't have mods or use cheats. It is nothing game breaking.

If neither of those options works, try the reset options others have suggested.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 05:08:19 AM »
I have had this problem, too, but only when I use mods (typically nraas). How do you edit their work outfit? I assume testingcheats?

Also, I've had several saves where kids won't automatically go to school - I have to manually get them to. Maybe this is a mod issue as well...
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.