Author Topic: The mysterious case of the invisible sims  (Read 3504 times)

Mialovescoffee

The mysterious case of the invisible sims
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:19:21 AM »
I've been plundering around the Sims3-related parts of the internet to find information about this.
It turns out that a LOT of people have been experiencing their sims turning invisible, sometimes followed by missing interface too.
As far as I can see, no solutions have been found as of yet. Some people gets out of the trouble with resetsim, some with the use of various ... mods (deleted) and some are lucky enough to get around it with the use of backup saves.

Well - nothing of that works for me, and a I know I'm not the only one who had to abandon a dear beloved savegame b/c of this.

I can see that theres at least two topics here on Carls and Pams forum, one with no solution and one that fixed itself.
I now create this thread to try and gather all the information again and see if theres any news on this topic?
Did it get fixed with generations by chance?

Sincerely
Mialovescoffee

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
Re: The mysterious case of the invisible sims
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:44:24 AM »
Please don't mention specific mods.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.0

As for your question, I don't know. I never had those problems myself. The Generations patch did seem to break more than it fixed though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Mialovescoffee

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:57:15 AM »
Oh I'm sorry that I unknowingly broke the rules! Glad you fixed it so quickly :)
I had hoped that generations would include some sort of fix for this huge problem..

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 05:50:43 AM »

Did it get fixed with generations by chance?

I never got the problem BEFORE i installed Generations, patching my game now, hopefully that helps somehow..