Author Topic: I have the worst luck with Special Merchants!  (Read 4924 times)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
I have the worst luck with Special Merchants!
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:00:24 AM »
Tonight, I was playing a new sim since I had to re-install Sims3 on my laptop because my desktop crashed the other day. So she's in China right now and got the adventure to explore the Dragon Cave. While she's in there, a message box pops up stating, "Zhang Hua has met with an untimely demise from electrocution. He should have left the electrical problems to the professionals." 

He was also the Special Merchant and I had planned on going to see him right after this adventure to 1) report in; and 2) to buy the certificate of partnership with China since she just made it to a level 3 visa. So now she had to cancel the adventure because even though she got the "report in" button.....there is no one to report in to AND now there is no Special Merchant at all, so she can't get the certificate I guess.  :-\

Oh and about my desktop that crashed.....luckily it was just due to a power surge that blew out the power supply. The guy brought back my computer today and it works great and I didn't lose any of my other saved sims games. Woohoo! We had some bad storms come through here Thursday evening and even though I have my computer attached to a surge protector....apparently that did not protect it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: I have the worst luck with Special Merchants!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:11:49 AM »
I'm jealous that I don't get any dramatic messages like that about Sims dying and stuff.  And my Sims never die in fire or anything.  My games are very much uneventful except for normal routine stuff.  What's up with that??

I'd like to know what happens the next time you go to China, Robin.  Whether a new Special Merchant takes that one's place.  And what message does it give you when you click to report in?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 06:38:39 AM »
Actually, a new Special Merchant showed up the next morning. So I guess when one dies, a new one is appointed fairly quickly. As for the reporting in......well nothing happened at all. I clicked on it and absolutely nothing.

I'm always getting the popup messages that someone has died. I got one the other day in Riverview that Susie Broke died. I can't remember what she died of though. Don't you get the ones about an elder "not going to be around forever...maybe you should visit them soon?"  I get those frequently too and then later, another one saying that they passed on.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:42:40 AM »
I get the ones for the elderly deaths, but none of the others.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

bshag

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 11:44:38 AM »
I don't get any juicy messages either Pam.  My game is basically a ho-hum type of game also, barring all the glitches that is. :P

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »
Same for me no dramatic death notices... 8)  Sent my Sim to China when the I got the notice that the Special Merchant wasn't going to live forever...he and my Sim were Old Friends, so I sent him to visit and say his goodbye's.  :'(  ;D  The Old guy kept hugging my Sim a lot, made me sad.  :(

anything