Author Topic: Game Stuck Like is Lagging  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Game Stuck Like is Lagging
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 02:49:19 AM »
I had already tried that before you mentioned it. I took my family from Riverview and placed it to Sunset valley. And it works normal, no lag, no freeze, nothing. And I cleaned the cash, but still nothing. :/ I guess I have to stop the challenge.

If you're talking about one of our official challenges, you can post your problem on the challenge thread and Metro will probably allow you to restart because of your technical difficulties.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Ayramizrim

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 07:29:25 AM »
Thank you all again ^^ for the help. BellaClo I did all the steps you recommend and still is not working :(.
I have 8Gb ram at my computer since I need it for my work because of Photoshop. So I don't think so is that the problem. Either the graphic card. The only that made it work was to delete the family >.< so the other families didn't had any problem.
And Pam I did have post the Problem On the "Here’s a Tip: Party Like a Rock Star!" And I get no answer about it. The only answer I get was about if I could move the family to a new town but metro say is not allowed because then I start again at Week 1 ,Day 1 and he was right.
Though I do have start all over again new family with the same challenge (since the at the rules is not say that you can't start again. Except if you have post the score again.)But if is not allowed to try it again the i will simple not participate again in a challenge. Again thank you all for the help :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

HenoUsabe

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 08:35:25 AM »
It's also happens to me. I play in Twinbrook and it first appear when I travel to China. It's randomly occur then disappear and the game is freeze just about 20-30 seconds not like your case (but it's maybe the PC issue). Don't know the reason but I assume that it is relate to the memory system somehow because during that all memories I got do not contain the screenshot images.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
I fixed it! I don't know how but I fix it. There is no lags, no pauses or freezing. I think it was deleting everything in the DCBackup. That made my game faster and fixed the glitch. Maybe you should try it?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
The problem seems to lie in Riverview.  A lot of people have this problem, and no amount of re-downloading will fix it.  I've had this issue with Riverview since day one, and I've had to re-download it about 5-6 times after doing uninstall/reinstalls.  There is a similar problem with Barnacle Bay, although it's nowhere near as bad as Riverview.

There is a common thread between these two towns:  they both generate Worldcache files.  If I had to take a guess, part of the issue lies here, even though deleting them doesn't elevate the problem.  However, this lag seems to go away on it's own after a few sim weeks.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »
Weird I don't have a Worldcache file.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 04:58:38 AM »
Hi BellClo: What exactly are those files in the DCBackup? I'd hate to remove something that is being used in my present game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 05:28:03 AM »
@Momoll:
Those .package file are copies of the content of the .sims3pack installed through the Launcher. It's only copies (hence the "backup" in the folder name I guess), so they can be safely deleted.

It's the DCCache folder that contains the files of installed content read by the game (in .ebc and .dbc formats). Those are the ones to keep.

Basically, you can see a .Sims3pack as some kind of .rar or .zip. It's a container for other files. The Launcher opens them, extracts the content and places it in the appropriate folders, plus a copy as .package in the DCBackup when needed.

I don't have many things installed in my own folder right now, but from what I see, Sims3packs install themselves as:

• Build & Buy mode & CAS items (from the Store for instance) go in DCCache as .ebc or .dbc (+ copy as [weirdname].package in DCBackup)
  • Worlds (Riverview, Barnacle Bay or player made) go into InstalledWorlds folder as .world (+ copy as [worldname]_objects.package and [worldname]_sims.package in WorldCaches folder)

@VampirePlasma: look for a WorldCaches folder and not file. You can delete the files inside this folder [Edit: Only if you play on Windows]. The next time you load a save or create a new game in one of the downloaded worlds, the loading time will be a bit longer because the game is recreating those files you deleted.

Edit: Mac Users, do not delete the World Caches files, you must keep them.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
Found it, so deleting the files inside will make my game faster but the loading time slower?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 04:29:43 AM »
Thanks Bella! I'll get rid of those and see if it helps.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
Found it, so deleting the files inside will make my game faster but the loading time slower?

The loading times when viewing other areas will increase when you first center the camera on them.  Once it loads, that information will be in the WorldCache file again and it will load faster until you delete it again.  Unfortunately, this probably won't fix the issue you're dealing with.  However, if you're patient and endure the lag, it will go away on it's own.  It can take as long as 10 sim weeks sometimes, but for me it usually happens sooner than this.  The benefit of deleting these cache files is that once they get bloated, they cause your game to permanently freeze or crash.

Barnacle Bay and Riverview have similar problems, with opposite effect.  Riverview is prone to more lag and less freezing while Barnacle Bay has less lag with a higher chance of freezing.  However, in both towns it is very important to save often...more so than you would in towns provided with the base game or it's expansions.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 01:04:31 PM »
Thanks Hosfac. The only city where my games is super smooth, fast and the grahics load fast is Bridgeport, which is ironic.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 01:36:15 PM »
I have no problem with playing Bridgeport, except for the glitches with boarding schools and sometimes travel.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 02:20:14 PM »
I have no problem with playing Bridgeport, except for the glitches with boarding schools and sometimes travel.

Same. The most laggy by far has to be Sunset Valley. Oh sweet irony, lol. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 04:35:55 PM »
Being a big city girl, I'm content . Except for the lack of space for a 60x60 mansion. Bridgeport is missing space for real mansions. Most houses are 1 bedroom. Guess they hate kids. Have to make basements to place the kids (put them in dungeon and throw away the key- Ha!).

anything