Author Topic: Can't take photographs and the sim freezes  (Read 28999 times)

Offline chrissie

• Townie
Re: Can't take photographs and the sim freezes
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 03:54:39 AM »
I'm glad I found this thread, like everyone else I'll wait in hope of a solution.

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
I've just been affected by this bug today. Shame i didn't see this thread earlier! None of my sims had tried photography and then Bobby went to the consignment store in Twinbrook during an investigation so i thought he'd have a look at was for sale and he came across a camera. He bought it and immediately got a 'take a photo' want which i tried to fulfil, he took the photo and then the command got stuck and i couldn't get him to do anything else. Fortunately i'd just saved so i've quit without saving so hopefully everything will be fine when i go back.
I must say that response from EA is a bit disappointing, there's no help in there whatsoever and they don't even seem to think it's a problem that needs addressing!

BTW how do you reset a sim just in case i ever need to?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 07:04:31 AM »
The command is "resetsim firstname lastname" after you've done "testingcheatsenabled true". Good luck, but I have to warn you -- for me, things got worse, and I decided to get rid of the patch when a Sim came back from a trip and found his clone.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Crazy_Sound

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »
A solution to this problem.  ;D

This is bug has accrued more in the game after the introduction of Ambitions. When I installed the new expansion pack my sim froze as swell.
 I deleted the cache files in C:\Users\**************\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 de problem was gone.
 - CASPartCache.package
 - compositorCache.package
 - scriptCache.package
 - simCompositorCache.package

Please see the tutorial on (site deleted as it has mods - mtglady). (I was able to include a direct link because the site is down for maintenance.

Good luck and have fun playing

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
A solution to this problem.  ;D

Please see the tutorial on (site deleted as it has mods - mtglady). I was able to include a direct link because the site is down for maintenance.

Good luck and have fun playing

Crazy, welcome to the forum.  I had to delete your link as that site deals with mods.  We don't allow links such as this on the forum.  Please review the forum rules that you can find in my signature.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

SDJ

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
guys.. I too had this same problem and found the solution... Recently I installed Sims 3 Generations.. I already had world adventures... Whenever I take a photo my sim stands in the same spot talkin to the air... (and I actually thought he was haunted  :P ) then I found that he completely froze... I tried to solve the problem and found that its not actually a bug but an update is required for world adventures... I installed the update and it works fine :) :) my sim in not freezing anymore after takin a photo...

U can download the patch from here :) enjoy..!!

[link removed-gerrr00]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum SDJ.  I am not sure if it is appropriate to put links on here for patch downloads that do not pertain to the sims3 game.  It is more of a patch for your computer.  Some people that download these patches, it could do more harm than good and I am sure it works on other machines.  I know you were trying to help and it is very much appreciated and if it worked for you, that is great.  I am always skeptical about downloads and patches that I have never heard of.  I will have someone look at the link and see if it might be a good thing to use. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 08:04:01 AM »
When my sim returned from boarding school, she had the trait Photgrapher's eye, 2 skill  points for phtography, a camera in her inventory and the LTW for Visionary. I checked her skills box for photography and it was completely blank (no wording or anything). When she tried to take a picture she also froze. Had to change her LTW because she'll never be able to achieve it without taking pictures.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
Here is some trick to solve/avoid the photography bug that came with last patch:
(See this post in the Photography challenge)
I've just found some interesting report about the photography bug on a site that I can't mention here. 

According to them, it seems that the bugs are mostly happening when a Sim takes a snapshot while an opportunity is opened. All opportunities can be the cause (career, skill, special, but also adventures), and any member of the household is concerned, not only the wanna-be photographer.

What seems to solve the issue is to save, exit game, clear all the caches, then reload. And a properly patched game (*) helps decreasing the frequency. (*: patch all the .exe, not only the base game and the latest EP or SP, like the launcher does)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »
Thanks Bella, but I already changed her LTW. At least she can still talk about cameras, etc. If her sister returns with the same LTW from LeFromage, I'll try it.