Author Topic: Suddenly can't control my sim!  (Read 22183 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Suddenly can't control my sim!
« on: July 07, 2011, 09:41:41 PM »
Big problem!! I'm currently playing my dynasty family, and for some reason, I can't control my original sim! I'm only in my second generation, but it's looking like I'm going to lose all of my progress and have to delete this save game unless I get some serious help.

So here's the deal: First, my sim wouldn't stay in her bed. After a few seconds, she'd pop out beside it and the bed would be made just like she was never in it. Then I realized that when I had her selected, I could not interact with another sim. When I clicked on someone else (or herself) nothing would pop up. I could still do other things like cook and watch tv and so forth, but I just couldn't interact with people. So, I restarted my game, hoping that would fix it. I guess I made a mistake in saving (bad habit to always click save and quit). When I tried playing again, I couldn't control the sim at all. She just stood there and wouldn't move. Thought bubbles would pop up and she would shift weight and all, but she wouldn't walk anywhere on her own. On the left of the screen (where sims and their pictures are) there was a green box for her and it didn't have a picture, but when I hovered over it, her name and celebrity stars would pop up. I have another sim in the house and there's nothing wrong with him. Can anyone help me?!

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Suddenly can't control my sim!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »
Sorry, but from what I have read so far, the green boxes mean that your sim is broken and you will not be able to recover her.   :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »
No! I just started a new game and went back to this one to see if anything had changed, but there was no change. I'm so sad now.  :'(

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 07:54:04 AM »
Try using Edit Town to move the whole household out of the house, then back in.
Or save your Sims to the bin and move them to a new town entirely.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »
Success! I copied the household (with house), deleted the bugged one and then placed them back onto the same lot. Thanks, PJ. I keep forgetting about using the library for copying stuff.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »
That's great! Glad it worked. :)

anything