Author Topic: "Sinking" Sim!!!!  (Read 4623 times)

Frey

"Sinking" Sim!!!!
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »
OK, so I have one more glitch to add to my collection.

I'm playing in Riverview with the Lobos family, and the wife Marisol keeps "sinking" from one floor to the other. She literally sinks, goes through the floor and appears downstairs when I order her certain actions. It has happened while cooking, and before eating and bathing. She walks to complete the action, sinks, walks upstairs, sinks again on the same spot and so on and on and on. Resetsim works sometimes, but not always. I'm playing without any CC right now except Riverview, so I'm sure that's not it. Oh, and I have Generations installed, but no idea if it has to do with that.

Any ideas? Anyone else had this? It's not so serious or annoying yet, but I'm afraid that it will get worse eventually and it won't let me play.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: "Sinking" Sim!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:55:58 PM »
I've had this happen, but I believe it stopped after I restarted the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:20:56 AM »
Yes, this has happened to me many times as well. It can be frustrating I know. When the Sims start doing glitchy things I go ahead and start resetting every Sim in the household and even the visitors if I have any at that time. I do this because it seems if I can get the one Sim who is glitchy to stop the glitchy action, then one of the other Sims in the house will start glitching or get stuck/frozen.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Like Pam, I sometimes have to restart the game altogether.

Frey

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 01:49:33 AM »
Yeah... it had stopped completely after restarting, but today I'm having it back. My sim has a daycare and one of the toddlers keeps like flying and sinking through the floor.... I reseted the toddler and now his gone! And my sim can't interact with any of the toddlers either, it's really weird. I know I've seen a post about sims unable to interact, I just can't remember where.

Thanks for your replies :) I guess there's no choice but being patient and/or restarting the game  ::).

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 04:03:05 AM »
And my sim can't interact with any of the toddlers either, it's really weird. I know I've seen a post about sims unable to interact, I just can't remember where.

This "not able to interact" seems to be the first symptom of the "greened out, stuck sims" -bug that's been happening a lot since the latest patch. In my game it starts with the sim in question not being able to interact with others, then after saving and loading the file, that sim is without a portrait picture (just a green picture where it should be) and stuck to whatever they had been doing when I saved.
Let's hope it's not the case this time, Frey! It can be quite annoying. (there are several topics about it around the forum, I posted mine on Miscellanious help.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 04:32:17 AM »
I reseted the toddler and now his gone!

This is what happens when you reset any Sim other than the ones you control.  They pop back to wherever they came from.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Frey

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 07:26:47 PM »
Really? I had never used resetSim on a Sim that was not in my household lol.

Thanks Noodles, let's hope that won't happen when I start my game again  ::) Yesterday I got tired of the bug and went to sleep lol so I don't know if it's still there. I've had the flying/sinking sims bug happen to me a lot lately, but they had never been unable to interact. In daycare, my sim can never interact with toddlers until the parents are out of the lot (usually around 10.30 or 11 am) but yesterday she couldn't do anything until like 2 pm when I got tired of the crying toddlers and reseted them all hehe. The weird thing is that my sim could interact with the other family members, but not with other sims in the lot (like the toddlers and the maid).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »
The weird thing is that my sim could interact with the other family members, but not with other sims in the lot (like the toddlers and the maid).

I doubt it's the same thing, then. I had that bug happen in my game again yesterday and I'm pretty sure they cannot interact with any other sim, and other sims can't interact with them.
But it must be a different thing, so I won't be more off-topic. :)

I must say this is the first time I hear about a sim not being to able to interact with "visitors" on the lot. Hopefully it's just something that passes now that you've shut the game.

anything