Author Topic: Hopeless Romantic vs. Master of Seduction  (Read 12389 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Hopeless Romantic vs. Master of Seduction
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »
Hi everyone. :)

Which one is better? "Wasting" a trait slot on the first, or again "wasting" happiness points on the reward? I believe it works the same way, but I'm not sure. Is any of them more effective than the other, or are they the same? I personally noticed that Hopeless Romantic was more effective before the latest patch, so I am considering purchasing the Master of Seduction reward for my romantic Sims. Will it be double effect or would be just real waste of happiness points?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Hopeless Romantic vs. Master of Seduction
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:14:34 PM »
As far as I remember, master of seduction means that your sim will be literally irresistible (you could declare them a nemesis and beat up their spouse, and they would still say yes!) while hopeless romantic is a measly boost to the chances of romance success.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
As far as I remember, master of seduction means that your sim will be literally irresistible (you could declare them a nemesis and beat up their spouse, and they would still say yes!) while hopeless romantic is a measly boost to the chances of romance success.

So I get it this way: Sim 1 is enemies with Sim 2. (Sim 1 has both, the trait and the reward). Sim 1 continues spamming Sim 2 with romantic interactions, as well as takes advantage of the Hopeless Romantic trait's section in the Special pie menu to get there faster. And never fails, as Master of Seduction LTR does it's job. Right?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »
Well yes, but the Hopeless Romantic is pretty much useless if you have the LTR.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
The LTR is very useful, especially with the new GEN reputations. It doesn't matter if you are an infamous cheater, you could be woohooing every YA to elder in town!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
Well yes, but the Hopeless Romantic is pretty much useless if you have the LTR.

Ooh. I see, thanks. :) Any other benefits, guys?

EDIT:

The LTR is very useful, especially with the new GEN reputations. It doesn't matter if you are an infamous cheater, you could be woohooing every YA to elder in town!

Lol, that really made me laugh.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
I gave that reward to one of my sims, in a few hours he married somebody but wasn't even friends with them lol.
I spent the next week having them get divorced and married over and over again, it was hilarious to watch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
I can tell you that MOS does not guarantee success.  It gives amazing results but it's by no means a certainty. I had two Sims who both had the reward. They were boyfriend and girlfriend and getting along great. He had her hop in the car with him so he could take her to the beach to propose. Apparently (since I wasn't in the car I don't know for sure) on the ride to the beach he accused her of cheating ,which she hadn't done.  No matter what overtures she made he wouldn't even talk to her.

But being the independent woman she is, she just packed a sleeping bag and went camping at Stoney Falls for two days until he came to his senses.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »
Oh dear, well Above Reproach might be useful then in combination with Master of Seduction.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 04:16:48 AM »
Aw. So I guess patch 1.22 made it more difficult with the reputation system? :-\

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »
The differences between the two are as vast as the differences between "personality" and "ability."

Hopeless Romantic is a personality aspect.  When a sim has this, he/she generates wishes for romantic interactions more frequently than sims do who don't have it.  When it comes time to pick their LTW, it will have an influence over the 5 wishes that are automatically generated.  Sims with this trait will also be more likely to initiate a romantic interaction autonomously.  Basically, it increases their desire for romance, while having absolutely no influence over their success or failure in initiating such interactions (although I believe it makes them more receptive to them).

Master of Seduction is an ability, and has the exact opposite effect.  It increases the chances that romantic interactions that they initiate will be successful, but does not increase the frequency that they generate wishes for romantic contact.  Likewise, it would have no influence over the 5 generated LTW's they'd be able to choose from upon reaching Young Adult and they would be no more likely to initiate a romantic interaction than any other sim.

Having both would not be a waste at all:  you would have a sim who has a higher need for romantic interactions, and also had the ability to get that contact from virtually anyone.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 02:55:40 PM »
Ah, I see. But I thought the Flirty trait initiated romantic interactions autonomously? ???

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »
I tried this LTR out earlier when my sim met a complete stranger, and within 2 hours of sims time, He became her Romantic Interest, Boyfriend, Fiancee, and then they got married on the spot. Oh yeah and then they tried for baby and now she's pregnant.  ;)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 02:32:14 AM »
Ah, I see. But I thought the Flirty trait initiated romantic interactions autonomously? ???

Yes, it does, and those two traits are similar in that respect.  However, the big difference is the type of wishes each trait influences.

Flirty sims enjoy flirting, and will flirt with almost anyone who crosses their path.  They may very well generate wishes to become romantically involved (i.e. first kiss) and to get married, but even if they do it's not going to stop them from flirting with the next person that comes along.

A sim that's a Hopeless Romantic will generate wishes for romantic involvement much sooner.  They often generate the wish to "have first romance," with no real focus as to who that romance involves.  Once they start that romance, they'll generate wishes to get engaged and married rather quickly.  And if the object of their affections is readily accessible, they will often initiate romantic interactions with them autonomously.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.