Author Topic: Some issues driving me nuts.  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
Some issues driving me nuts.
« on: June 27, 2011, 09:27:29 AM »
And I'm not sure if there is anything I can do.  One issue is when my Sim is traveling, China specifically (haven't tried other countries yet), but the game freezes up every couple of minutes.  When she is in a tomb or doing anything, the game will be going along fine, then freeze for a minute or so, then continue.  It takes me 3 times as long as it should to finish a quest.  This doesn't happen at home.

But what does happen at home is when she is getting ready to do something, for example she has to go dance for 3 hours at a club to finish an opp, I will have her change her clothes and que her up to go and it takes her so long for her to change (she just stands there tapping her toes) that by the time she gets to the club hours have gone by and she has no time to dance and the club closes.  There are other instances that this happens, its like she is refusing to do what she's told.   :P

Her teen daugther has a hard time going to bed.  I click on the bed for her to sleep, she walks towards the bed, then turns around and walks away, then turns around and walks toward the bed, then turns around and walks away.  I have to cancel the action and do it again before she goes to bed.  Again hours have passed if I don't catch it right away and she missed school one day because she had no sleep.

I have saved and reloaded the game several times.  Is there something else I can do or are these just glitches I have to deal with?

Thanks!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Some issues driving me nuts.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »
Is this happening on just one game file, or on all your game files?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:29:52 AM »
Just this one...I don't have any other files. 

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »
I remember hearing about this. I've had it happen myself a bit ago. And I'm not sure what specifically I did, or was told to do. Have you tried clearing your caches? That includes the Thumbnails folder contents as well. You can also save your DCBackup folder to your desktop (if you want) and then delete the contents of the one in the game folder.

I'd try that to see if it helps. But, Bridgeport (I'm assuming Bridgeport) is known to be choppy. My computer is ridiculously fast and I still get bouts of wasted time before a Sim does something in the queue.

There's also the issue (in Bridgeport), where the routing up above the hospital, near the radio towers have about 4 tiles that weren't mapped properly causing Sims to get stuck there somehow. Again, if this is Bridgeport, check that area and use ResetSim... to clear them.

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 11:11:15 AM »
Thanks!