Author Topic: "Living in the Lap of Luxury" LTW keeps increasing--bug or feature?  (Read 4726 times)

Fluid

One of my sims has the "Living in the Lap of Luxury" LTW, which, when I gave it to her, was to have a net worth of $100,000.  I find, however, that the threshold keeps increasing and increasing as my sim makes more money--it's gone up four times now, and is currently at $179,000!

I don't know how I can satisfy this LTW if it just keeps getting higher and higher.  But I'm unsure--is this a bug, or is it a feature?  I.e., is the game increasing the threshold as my sim becomes more successful, or is this LTW borked somehow?

Thanks.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: "Living in the Lap of Luxury" LTW keeps increasing--bug or feature?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:37:07 PM »

Hello Fluid and welcome to the forum.  I think this may be a bug in your game as I recently finished both the Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous and the Living in the Lap of Luxury LTW's in one of my games last night. 

I suggest that you create a new Sim and start a new game to see if it is still happening to you.  And I have all of the EP's and SP's as well as being fully patched if that makes a difference.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »
If it's the very same Sim, then it's probably a bug.  However, if you're trying to give that same LTW to a different Sim later in the game, it will be a larger amount than at the start because your household will already have money.  The game adjusts the amount in this case so that there's no unfair advantage.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
If it's the very same Sim, then it's probably a bug.  However, if you're trying to give that same LTW to a different Sim later in the game, it will be a larger amount than at the start because your household will already have money.  The game adjusts the amount in this case so that there's no unfair advantage.
Does it adjust the amount by adding the amount needed to the amount your household is worth when the LTW is chosen or when they are born?

anything