Author Topic: Sims movement speed  (Read 5602 times)

Sportsfan

Sims movement speed
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:51:55 AM »
This is kind of random but I haven't seen it elsewhere on the forum so I thought I might ask. Is the speed that sims move at related to their athletic skill or their age. I have two elder sims, close to death, one with no athletic skill and one with it at level 10. The level 10 sim moves as fast as his young adult daughter. They run everywhere but his daughter doesn't have any athletic skill. Does anybody know the reason?

Offline Peregrine_Falcon

• Nooboo
Re: Sims movement speed
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 01:01:53 AM »
I know that movement speed in general decreases with age, especially once the sim is an elder. It may be that athletic skill modifies this, I will let someone else answer that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:25:00 AM »
I know that movement speed in general decreases with age, especially once the sim is an elder.

What?  I've never heard of that.

The level 10 sim moves as fast as his young adult daughter. They run everywhere but his daughter doesn't have any athletic skill. Does anybody know the reason?

Do you mean they actually run instead of walking around the house?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:30:44 AM »
There is a run bug which was introduced around the time of Ambitions.  I don't know if that has been fixed. Sims play tag and then get stuck in the animation. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:16:13 AM »
There is a run bug which was introduced around the time of Ambitions.  I don't know if that has been fixed. Sims play tag and then get stuck in the animation. 

Right.  We called it the Run Around Bug, I think.  I do believe it's been fixed, though, so I'm wondering if Sportsfan has somehow caught it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:25:31 AM »
I know that movement speed in general decreases with age, especially once the sim is an elder. It may be that athletic skill modifies this, I will let someone else answer that.
What?  I've never heard of that.

I've noticed that at the elder stage, sims walk much slower. For the other ages, I haven't noticed anything, though I don't pay much attention to their speed.

Sportsfan

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:54:38 AM »
I was talking about how if you tell two sims to say, walk down stairs and go get the mail, one will run and the other will walk, and it's the same sims every time that run and walk. It's not a bug when playing tag, I've done that a bunch of times and haven't had a problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything