Author Topic: Problems Started after Visiting France  (Read 3058 times)

lilybethpads

Problems Started after Visiting France
« on: June 14, 2011, 11:15:11 PM »

I went to France to buy a nectar maker and purchased 4 of them. I received a note saying that they may have been placed in my family inventory. when i returned home, i looked for them but they weren't in the family inventory or in sims backpack. So I took one of my other sims to France and tried again. This time when I got the note saying that they may have been placed in my family inventory I tried to see if I could look there and check, but it wouldn't let me go into "buy mode" to check my family inventory. Once again when I returned home there were no nectar makers.

The next problem I noticed was that I was having difficultly bringing up the action menu for my mother sim so that she could teach her toddler to walk. I tried to restart sims and it got worse! No I cannot even click on either of the sims, and when I tried to use the reset sim code it acted as if they didn't even exist. I am still having trouble with some of my other sims bringing up interaction menus for people i want them to interact with and I am afraid that the whole family is going to become "untouchable."

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them before or any sort of suggestions? I'm going to try to restart my computer and pray that helps.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Problems Started after Visiting France
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »
You've posted this same topic on two different boards.  I think this is the better board of the two, so I'm going to delete your other topic.

Let us know what happens after restarting your computer.  Traveling can be very buggy at times and many files have been lost to corruption. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »
This is a new bug that started with the latest patch.  The same thing happened to me in regards to the family inventory, and I just used buydebug (wasn't a challenge file) to re-purchase the items in question.

Then, after saving the same file, when I went to play the next time, only one sim was available to control.  All the other sims in the family were "greened out" on the left panel, and you could not control them.  Resetting the sims did not work.  But what did work was going into Edit Town and saving a copy of the family to your bin, and then moving them to another neighborhood.  This is still not without consequences, as any wishes, friends, etc.  will be lost.  I also noticed that since my founding sim was working on her Pervasive Private Eye LTW that her progress towards fulfilling it started over.  I suspect that any LTW that tracks progress that way would be reset.

lilybethpads

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »
After I restarted my computer everything was still acting up, nothing had changed. I tried to use the backup file, but apparently the backup file was corrupted too. I will try to save a copy of my family in edit town and move them to another neighborhood, although honestly, I'm beginning to lose hope.

I deleted the files. so far, although it has been loading slowly on my other family, it has been working correctly. I'm not sure when I'll travel again.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
It hit me, too.  My family purchased a treasure chest, nectar maker, and a nectar holder in France.  Once back home, they had disappeared. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 06:53:55 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if you get the other part of the bug too, but it took awhile for it to happen to me.  It started for me once I re-entered the file the next day.