Author Topic: Mummies  (Read 4951 times)

lovergirl

Mummies
« on: January 21, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
Hello.

I started playing Sims 3 for some time and I really like it very much . When the first expansion was released, I was excited. Simply the best .
But...
I didn't know there are mummies (i know, that is the charm of the game). I really hate them! None of my Sims were cursed, but I don't need this.
I want to know if is a mummy in Great Sphinx (silly question, I know that the Sphinx cures). I need gems (I read in the guide that there are many gems, yey!).
Also, can I have a list of pyramids containing mummies?

Thanks a lot!

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
Re: Mummies
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
Lover Girl,

Yes, there are actually sarcophagi in the Great Sphinx with a high probability of spawning a mummy, but if you're cursed you have to opportunity to heal it immediately at the soulpeace statue. I believe there are also soulpeace gems in the Great Sphinx and they're worth collecting. If you're looking for gems, you'll find many gems and metals at the copper quarry (look in Carl's guide). In the great pyramid there are sarcophagi which are very likely to spawn mummies. In the pyramid of the Burning Sand you may also find a few. There are also mummies in other destinations like in the big basement under the Nectary in France and the Dragon Cave in China. There might me more places I don't know of, but I really want to know them too because I need to get cursed. (adventure)
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
I think it's probably safe to say that all of the pyramids will probably have mummies.  I don't really like them, either.  Mummy Snacks help because most times a mummy will take a Mummy Snack from your inventory and give you enough time to get away before a possible attack.  You get Mummy Snacks from the Special Merchant in Egypt.  The mummies don't always curse, either.  Sometimes you Sim just faints, or they just have a regular fight with no cursing.  
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:21:48 PM »
Pam's right, Egypt is basically full of mummies. All the locations on the map have chances to spawn them. The Sphinx is practically a guaranteed encounter, as well as the second floor of the great pyramid (only accessible with Pangu's Axe from China).

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »
Try not to look at them as the monster sims they are, but as a trap one need to disarm somehow, just as any other.
I personally however love them.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

lovergirl

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:27:47 PM »
ok, ok that is a reversal of situation.
I beat my fear and i fought with mummies. I entered in sphinx [The Illuminator watch up - there are 3 mummies if you want to be cursed] and i fought with first mummy and i have got cursed. It was so annoying ! But my little sphinxie cured me and everything is so fine . I really like them lol ! But it was annoying cause i have 10 skills MA and 10 skills athletics and brave trait but most specially the mummies snack and he attacked me and i lost ! :( he didn't take snack.

Anyway thanks for answers, but now i have a problem. I posted in Technical Help.

Many thanks!

LoveR Girl

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:32:33 PM »
The big problem is that my Indiana Jones sim has lv 10 in martial arts and level 8 in athletics, so it's very difficult for him to get defeated and to get cursed.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lovergirl

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 05:47:59 AM »
Like I said, with all skills, I've got cursed. :) So if you want, meet them again and again and again. I would give you all mummies I ever met. :D.

BTW. How can I get "torched" or something like that? I saw that adventure, but I looked in adventures diary. Big zero. I've got soaked for 100 times and just 1 time cursed.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »
You become torched by stepping on a fire trap and failing to put yourself out first. The second time you're burned you could faint. (If I understand the English moodlet names correctly, since I play a Swedish version of the game)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

anything