Author Topic: Sims birthday makes games stop  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Sims birthday makes games stop
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:00:12 PM »
Ok, I think this is where this needs to go. If not, can you move it for me? Anyways, I'm attempting to play my game and everytime it comes to my little sims birthday from toddler to child, the game just stops. It freezes between 8:15 and 8:20. The first time, it stopped at 8:15 and I had to force shut-down and I re-opened it, and it did it again at 8:17 the last time was 8:20. The first 2 times, I had the radio on the roots channel, so I thought that was it and as soon as I opened it the 3rd time, I turned the radio off before hitting play. It still did it. I'm hoping the file is not bugged because I have been working on this family for about a month now. This is the 3rd generation it keeps doing it on. I use no mods or CC. The game works fine until birthday time. It's really starting to irritate me. Hopefully someone can help?

EDIT: I just tried again. This time, before hitting play, I turned all the TV's off and made sure the radio was still off. It froze at 8:19 this time. I think I'm going to try a different file and see if I can have a successful birthday on another game.

EDITED again: I have bad news for my family I've been working on for awhile. I just opened a file in Twinbrook, edited town to put a toddler with my single woman, it was his birthday. I saved it, triggered age transition and he aged up fine. Then I reloaded it and let the birthday happen naturally, he aged up fine. So I guess I answered my own question and that file is bugged. Which really bums me out.  :'(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims birthday makes games stop
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
It sounds like your Sim is trying to age up on her own.  Did you try aging her up with a birthday cake?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
No I didn't. I hardly ever use them. Maybe I could try that. Thanks Pam.

EDIT: Thank you Pam thank you!! I started the game, immediately turned aging off cause I had it saved so I wouldn't have to go through the whole day again, sent Cornelia to the store to buy a cake and had her help Vanessa blow the candles out. She started clapping and everything and then she turned into a child!! So thank you so much for thinking of that! You want me to lock the thread now that it got solved?
Never mind, it didn't get solved. They ate the cake and Cornelia went to put the dishes in the dishwasher and it froze again.  ???

Tfaircloth

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:35 PM »
This happened to me before but the clock would just stop on 8 am.. and wouldnt start working again until 12pm..
So i saved the household+house to the library.. started a new game in a new town, and placed the house on an empty lot.. Maybe you should try that.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:18:53 PM »
Thanks Tfaircloth. Welcome to the forums too. I really don't want to do that unless I have too, I have their families scattered throughout the town, and I don't really want to lose those connections. I know saving the house save their skills so that's not an issue, just losing all family ties I hate thinking of that.

Tfaircloth

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:18:10 AM »
Oh okay. Hmm Did you check to see if the file was bad? In the saves folder?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 08:55:25 AM »
I just now looked. I did have a bad file, but unfortunately it wasn't the one that's messed up. I deleted it anyways though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »
I just attempted to play that game again. I turned aging off hoping that would solve it. It didn't. This time, Cornelia didn't even get the dishes into the dishwasher. Sadly, the only thing I can think of is starting a new game. I know I could save the house into the library, but with all the family outside the house, it's not worth it to me. So over a month of work down the drain. Oh well, bright side, maybe I can do things differently!

Tfaircloth

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
Is there a lot of family? You can save them all to the bin, and place them all in a new town.. It might take a while to do but you will have all your family members in the same town.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 02:14:07 PM »
Not "alot" per se, but over 10 at least. It's ok, I started a new game, named them the same and gonna try again. Plus, wouldn't they all lose their family ties? This time around, instead of moving mom and dad out to work on other generations, I'm keeping the parents and I'm going to move the kids out as soon as they finish their LTW and have the next generation. See? I'm already doing things different!  ;D Thank you though!!