Author Topic: Female hair on male Sims?  (Read 8123 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Female hair on male Sims?
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:47:25 PM »
This has come up on the "Weird Things" topic enough to deserve its own thread, I think. Sometimes, on Sims created by Story Progression, male Sims will end up with a female hairstyle. My Sim also gained a female hairstyle when aging from a Young Adult to an Adult, namely "the Jenny Jones-Brown from Twinbrook" look. I almost like it on him.

Curious, I saved him to my Sim bin and opened up the file in CAS. I was able to change his facial features and hair colour without affecting hairstyle, but if I changed his age his hair would revert back to a male style. His hair would also change back if I went to give him a tattoo or body hair, presumably because that involved changing him into his undies. I was toying with building a Sim around that hairstyle and uploading him, but I'm not sure if that would cause problems within other peoples' games. I'm still trying to figure out what causes the glitch itself. I'm pretty sure I had damaged cache files when it happened, do you think that could case this bug?

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Female hair on male Sims?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:40:54 AM »
This happens all the time to me on my babies aging up to toddlers. It's happened two times in a row, actually. I think it's probably just a glitch, and it can of course always be fixed via the "Change Appearance" mirror interaction.

With townies, I don't think it really matters. I mean - they're townies, you're not going to be seeing them every day, are you? 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
Re: Female hair on male Sims?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 02:15:17 AM »
It's very common in my game, and not in jus one file, but every game. It's always the shoulder lenght straight hair with bangs... I don't have a pic of it, but in my opinion it looks ridiculous on a male (it doesn't even quite "fit", there's some head showing trough on the back).
There's often several townies wearing that same hair at the same time, and I've even seen a married townie couple where both man & wive had the same hairdo... Top it off with the farmer overalls or the patients slip (or whatever it's called, those open-back patient clothes) and I have a town full of people looking like a bunch of village-idiots...  ::)

It's never happened on my own sim when they age up, tho.