Author Topic: FAQ and reports of a New Cheat.  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
FAQ and reports of a New Cheat.
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »
For those who haven't seen it, EA has put up a FAQ on the Sims Website (Link)

FAQ #10 is about cheats. I'm always looking for new cheats to enrich play. ;D I read it, and this is the article:

There always comes a time to hurry things along or explore a different option quickly and easily. That’s why we make it easy to access various The Sims 3 cheat codes and tricks, from adding more Simoleons to your account to making everyone happy and much more.

Type Control+Shift+C to open the Command Line, where you can enter various cheat codes. A couple of quick starters (enter these without quotations):

Enter “motherlode” to add 50,000 more Simoleons.

“make happy” changes all moodlets to optimal

“help” returns a list of other available cheats.

“make friends for me” makes several random in-game friends for your Sim.

“testingCheatsenabled true” will enable cheats in your game while “testingCheatsenabled false” will disable shortcuts like being able to modify status bars by clicking on and adjusting them."

Make Happy is a new cheat for me. Can someone please verify if it works?  If so, Seabody will be very very happy, and I have a sneaking suspicion Esther will be too. ;)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: FAQ and reports of a New Cheat.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »
Make Happy is not a new cheat (just tested it). That is partially true, though.

If you open the console and type in "make happy", it will say "unknown command". But, if you type in testingcheatsenabled true, and shift-click the mailbox, one of the options that comes up is "Make All Happy", which basically increases the motives of all sims and pets in the lot to maximum.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »
Hasn't make all happy been around for a while?

imaGleek

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
That cheat has been around since the begining.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »
I know Make All Happy's been around since the beginning, but I thought (due to context) that Make Happy was a cheat you entered in the Cheat Bar, or, as EA calls it, the Command Line.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:04:03 PM »
If you do that, you get the Unknown Command message. "Make Happy" is not a new cheat, and it's not applicable to the console, as it's not recognized.

anything