Author Topic: Camera Glitch  (Read 4779 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Camera Glitch
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
I think I may have just discovered a Camera Glitch. So today I was playing my Legacy which has a Level 7 (Almost 8) Photographer, he set the Camera to always be on Colour and Large Portrait pictures. I wanted a photograph of him before he dies so I passed the camera over to his Wife, when she went to take her first photograph she was able to take a Large Portrait, which should unlock at Level 6(?) I think, of course it wasn't as valuable and only 1 in 3 photos turned out good quality but still I thought this was quite useful it saves having to train another Photographer if you are going for the memory not the Price tag. I tried again with his Granddaughter and she was able to do the same as the Wife. I had the option to change the Capture Size but when I did I couldn't go back to Large Portrait unless I cancelled that photo and tried to take a new one. I have not tried it on any other games yet though. Has anyone else experienced this?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Camera Glitch
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:00:39 PM »
Come to think of it, I had the same thing happen.  I was playing my dynasty and I usually have the non-immortals start using the camera, because their photos are worth more.  The sim that already had 8 or 9 skill points in photography, had the camera and it was set on large portraits.  After the other sim got the camera and he had only 1 point, the camera still took large photographs.  I guess I really didn't think anything about it and forgot about it.  Reading this, just reminded me of that.   I guess will have to try that again. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 02:14:24 AM »
It does the same thing in my Dynasty! I love it. It makes sense to me when I think about it: the experienced photographer changes the settings to their preference and the newbie doesn't know how to change them so just starts taking pictures.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:22:47 PM »
I think this is only for the expensive camera though. Hank can't change the setting to Large Portrait on his smaller camera.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]