Author Topic: Question about fertilizing plants  (Read 7103 times)

bcollins87

Re: Question about fertilizing plants
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 01:17:42 AM »
I left a money tree unfertilized but weeded and it died and I had to pay money :( Not happy. Do not neglect the money trees!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 01:30:36 AM »
I left a money tree unfertilized but weeded and it died and I had to pay money :( Not happy. Do not neglect the money trees!!

I don't think it should have died from no fertilizer.  Did you neglect to water it?

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »
This is something definitely worth fertilizing always though, cuz of the boost you'll get to how quickly the money bags come.. it might be instead of every 3 days, every other day if you give it a good one, and we know that beats the price of any fertilizer on the market.

But yeah, nothing should die from lack of fertilizer?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »
The one major question I have regarding fertilizers is this... Is there any fertilizer that hits PERFECT?  I have tried just about everything I can think of to get a perfect fertilizer and all I ever get is outstanding quality.

My main gardener is green thumb trait, super green thumb award, planting perfect life fruit, plant is chatted up until I am blue in the face, with perfect life fruit fertilizer... still, I get outstanding life fruit fertilizer strength when I harvest...  :'(

Does anyone know of any item in the game that has a stronger base value than life fruit for fertilizing?  I am max skilled in almost everything so if there is a way, I'd like to try it.  I even put the radioactive space rock (Terbium or something like that... it spits green dots all day long and grows on its own) next to my plants to see if making them radioactive was possible.  No changes.

Help me Obi-Carl & Obi-Pam... you're my only hope!  :o

For some odd reason, Outstanding seems to be the cap. In fact, I think if you're using an outstanding fertilizer, you're using the best available. If perfect life fruit isn't Perfect, what could be? For this reason, I stopped recommending high value items like vampire fish as fertilizer and started saying 'use garlic'. Perfect garlic gets the best available boost (Outstanding) has a nice duration (6 days at base) and is cheap in comparison to other options. The garlic from the supermarket almost does as well as life fruit based on wildredchild's test results.

Wildred tested unfertilized vs fertilized with perfect life fruit vs fertilized with nice garlic and the growth times were nearly identical for the 2 fertilized varieties. There were differences, but she was using nice garlic .. if you can make perfect garlic you have the best fertilizer as far as I know. I hope someone comes along to challenge this idea because it will perfect the gardening guide. For now I'm sticking with my guns. The patch has either changed things or we were all wrong from the get- go.