Author Topic: The problem with barstools...  (Read 353 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
The problem with barstools...
« on: September 28, 2024, 10:18:03 AM »
Hello.

I don't know if you got any idea on how to fix this but I ask anyway.

As you might know, all bar stools in the game (at least those from the few packs I have) have a very low "comfort" value. This means that most sims ignore them and eat their meals standing or walk of to another location. And this is very annoying to say the least. In example: Today I did play one of my families is Brindleton Bay. The woman sat down just fine but her boyfriend walked all the way over to the indoor pool and sat down on the edge off it (yes, in swimwear).  :-\ I really like the "industrial" look of the building and do not want to redecorate the house just to fix it.  So is there any other way to fix this? I have other houses where the sims ignores bar stools and sit in the wrong spot to eat and it's not ideal at all...

An example photo:
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The problem with barstools...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2024, 01:42:56 PM »
@ModHunter

For me, the issue isn't just with low-comfort barstools.  My sims are simply contrary as heck.
I can place a dining table with eight Comfort 8 chairs.
But when my sim hosts a dinner party, the rest of the household and guests won't sit down at the dining table together.
The only way I can get a screenshot is to make a group (using Actions), set Autonomy to Off, then click on a chair and select "Sit Together."
Also, I have island counters and barstools in the kitchen which is filled with Inspiring-boosting items.
But not, my painters get up and take their Sketchpads to the cafe tables/barstools in the courtyard, thus losing their Inspired buff.

Once I wanted a screenshot of my sims family having dinner together at a vacation rental.
They wouldn't sit together until I locked the kitchen/dining room door and removing all the barstools.

Sorry for the long, unfhelpful response.
Just saying that you are not alone, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.