Author Topic: Trouble using the Memorize Scene button (Painting skill>>Smart Phone)  (Read 2016 times)

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
I think I need help. I want my Sim to memorize a scene so he can paint it for his child, but every time I hit the appropriate button it’s flat-out impossible to a) not start with the frame on the outside of the house, and b) once I’m inside, get everybody in the dang shot as intended. All I’m trying to do is take a photo of the kid’s biological family so I can turn it into a painting later! Aaaaaargh!

My Sim is level ten in Painting, and has several helpful bits, like the Avant Garde and Artistic traits, and the Extra Creative lifetime reward. He also has the Future Sim lifetime reward, although that may or may not matter.

I'm not sure what to do to accomplish this small goal that will be important to the Sim's adoptive child's life (if only in some imaginary way). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy Simming!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Trouble using the Memorize Scene button (Painting skill>>Smart Phone)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:51:36 PM »
I tried to search on some information about this and wasn't able to come up with much. So I threw together a test game to do some testing. This information you may already know. Sorry for the repeated information.

I've found memorizing a scene is done a lot by trial and error.

To get the photo you might try putting the game on pause and angling the camera where you need it to be to get the photo.

I use a mix of the mouse, the buttons on the user interface and arrow keys.

My Sim was on the porch when I clicked the memorize scene option and then scrolled through the walls with the arrow keys to the chair I wanted to take a photo of. Where your Sim is standing may play a roll of where the camera starts from. This I haven't tested yet.

Click the Memorize Scene option on the phone, pick your photo size with the I key. You may need to angle the camera some more to get a better shot. When ready, press the C key.

You may want to try to get all family members together in a corner and then try to angle the camera to that corner.

----

Using the phone to memorize a scene:

Use the C key to capture the image.
Use the I key to change size of portrait
Use the Z and X keys to zoom in and out.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.