Author Topic: Things I didn't know were part of the game.  (Read 4337 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Things I didn't know were part of the game.
« on: August 06, 2021, 08:17:19 AM »
Have you noticed anything that you didn't know were part of the game. For instance I was playing a rags to riches in Henford on Bagley and I tried having my sim go for a shower outside only to be told I couldn't be naked in front of a child. Also my kid got diapper rash how long has that been a thing?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Things I didn't know were part of the game.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »
Diaper rash?  Never seen that happen!  But I have seen it stop you from taking a shower because you can't undress in front of a child.  And I just had it happen in a household where there isn't any children... their cat was in the bathroom!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 12:01:31 PM »
For me it was being able to take sack lunches to school or work, I was mostly just using them as screenshot props.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 08:50:10 PM »
For me it was being able to take sack lunches to school or work, I was mostly just using them as screenshot props.
Say what now? There are sack lunches? This one is news to me!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 11:27:42 PM »
You can pack a sandwich into a sack lunch if you have Parenthood. Hidden deep inside Simsvip's pack breakdown... (sorry I don't remember if Carl covered it too or not, it's been a while)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 01:36:23 AM »
I like to take my scientist a sacked lunch to work with her and I pack up a load of free lunches when it's night on the town. Pack the freebies up take them home and put them in the fridge that's lunch for a few days.
Another thing I noticed that may be a glitch but I take advantage of it. If my sim gets the free one off service reward and hires a maid to come every day rather than an one off thing the maid shows up every day but never gets paid. 

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 11:35:29 AM »
I found out, if you have a gold chicken and you ask it to help with the plants, it will not only turn your plants to perfect, but it will run around the country side to turn other plants perfect. I thought, where is he going and followed him everywhere, funny little gold hen.  Just be sure to tell it to stop when he is done with your plants, but they always come home at bed time.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 08:54:16 PM »
It seems the golden chicken will also improve OTHER things to Perfect as well!  I had an odd glitch while trying to put eggs in the fridge, which led to me having eggs all over the ground.  My golden chicken came over and started making them all perfect!  So, anything that has a quality in the description, set it on the ground and see what happens!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 11:24:35 AM »
@Brian_Z, I was wondering about that, thanks for letting us know that. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 08:38:41 PM »
So, my new teen was trying to pick up some of the house work by learning to cook meals, and like a fool I started him on something that uses the stove-top and started a fire. That's not the new thing.

New to me is his putting down his fire extinguisher, leaving the kitchen, intercepting his toddler kid brother, picking him up, and routing to safety outdoors!

"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline ihateforums

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 08:49:24 AM »
My teen was idling in San Myshuno when he suddenly stuck his hands in a poster box and started fiddling. Raised his handiness and responsibility by a bit.

Weirdly, no action showed up in his queue.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 09:39:46 PM »
You can put tombstones in the shredder!   :o
I was working on the grilled cheese aspiration, something I've never completed before.  I got to the part where you have to talk to the Grom Reaper about grilled cheese.  So, I have to run into him.  Fortunately, my sim is also a spellcaster, and Vlad knocked on the door that night.  I've got a CC spell that causes a lightning bug attack, and electrocution WILL kill a vampire.  So, I got rid of Vlad, checked off that goal, and then discovered when I went to the community lot that I could put Vlad's tombstone in the shredder!

Offline Maidenfine

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 06:09:21 PM »
Yesterday, my sim's neighbors were being loud, so I sent her over to complain about the noise and he came to the door in the weirdest outfit. He'd recently aged up to elder, so I thought maybe he'd just aged into it, like the sims like to do. So I went into CAS to give him a reasonable outfit and discovered it wasn't his clothing. He'd come to the door in a random outfit (that I assumed "belonged" to his wife) because they were in the middle of loudly WooHooing. When I realized that, I had a good laugh.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 09:00:05 AM »
I thought this was only part of New Skill Day!
It seems you get a BIG skill gaining boost during ANY holiday!  One of my sims needed to grind Charisma, and Harvestfest meant they would be home all day.  I couldn't believe how fast she went through it.  From like 2 all the way to max in one day.  Although, mind you, a household member who was a spellcaster gave her some Potions of the Nimble Mind, she had bought Savant, and it was a Tiny Home.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2024, 04:07:30 AM »
So this popped up on my home page tonight.  I knew about some of them, but there were several surprises.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTKwJDtdp4