Author Topic: Graphics Help for AMD Ryzen 5 7520U  (Read 1133 times)

Offline kimmyxo

• Nooboo
Graphics Help for AMD Ryzen 5 7520U
« on: April 29, 2024, 03:38:05 PM »
Hi there! I am having trouble matching my graphics card. I was able to get it found (Found: 1 Match: 0) but my graphics card doesn’t have a series number like the examples I see so I have no idea what to put haha. Basically I am trying to figure out what goes where the question marks are in graphics rules: or match(“${cardName}”, “??????”)). My graphics name (driver and database) is AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics.

Additional info in case you need it (probably won't): The brand is AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics. Vendor is 1002. Device is 1506. Chipset is 00c1. Board is 8b2f103c.

Also just in case you recommend the GPU add on mod: I have tried the GPU add on mod and sadly I wasn't getting a pop up when trying to see if the fix could be applied (from reading the modders guide this is due to WMI not functioning and I have it enabled so idk. I gave up on the mod so I am trying to do it manually)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Graphics Help for AMD Ryzen 5 7520U
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 08:42:01 PM »
Thank you for sharing the Device ID and other info on your card.

We've updated the graphics card files to hopefully recognize your graphics card.

You can find the file attached to the bottom of this linked post.

How-To: Get Sims 3 to Recognize a New Graphics Card
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.msg446248#msg446248

Added the card -- or match("${cardName}", "*Ryzen 5 75*U"))

to just above where it mentions medium settings  seti cardLevel $cardLevelMedium

As you can see in the screenshot.  Click image to see larger view.

If you feel like your card can handle high settings or want to test settings, you can cut the line -- or match("${cardName}", "*Ryzen 5 75*U")) and add it to just above where it says High settings in the GraphicsRules.sgr file.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kimmyxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 08:55:55 PM »
I just want to thank you sooooo much for taking the time out of your day to respond to me OMG!! I will try this as soon as I get home. Also, I recall My GPU rating was a 5 so I believe it can handle high settings however if I put it in the medium instead of high it wouldn't cause any problems right?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 09:12:46 PM »
You're welcome!! :)

I don't think there will be any issues. However, if you do find any issues, add the line:

-- or match("${cardName}", "*Ryzen 5 75*U"))

above the High Settings in GraphicsRules.sgr file and delete it from the medium settings section.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline kimmyxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 10:36:22 AM »
I just wanted to update you and tell you that I downloaded the file and overwrite my original file and it finally matched!!! You are a God send ;D. I was on reddit trying to get help as well and another person with my exact graphics is struggling as well. I cannot wait to link them to this forum. Keep up the great work. You are much appreciated!!!! :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 08:30:22 PM »
Thank you for the update!! I am so happy that the files worked for you!! :)

anything