Author Topic: Exercise for elder sims - how do you do it?  (Read 810 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Exercise for elder sims - how do you do it?
« on: April 07, 2024, 01:06:34 PM »
Hello.

So I came to think of a thing today... Or well, to be honest it's a older problem. And I thought I would be a good idea to ask you how you solve it in your games (I'm quite sure that I have not been asking before but if I have, please tell me). I want my older sims to be active and be able to exercise as well (they do have clothing for it after all). But how to do it? I have been playing some older sims but when I take them to the gym and make them use the machines they always gets exhausted and I also get a warning that they will  die if they go on. And I don't want that for a number of reasons. So what are the alternatives? Jogging? Nope, I did try that once and my (old) sim did get very uncomfortable from it. Swimming? Well, sims can get very tired from that too I guess... I guess there are only few actions like puch-ups and Co left... But I don't know. I did not find anything in the guide... Any ideas? It's not about building muscles or slimming my sims down, it's just about "the look of it" and that they should have something to do. And to get an excuse to use the athletic wear.  ;)
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Exercise for elder sims - how do you do it?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 01:56:49 PM »
Yoga is safe for the elders, and power walking was made for them.  You would need Growing Together to see power walking though.  And they can hike in Granite Falls and Mt. Komorebi.
I moved a sim in with the Charm family once (Realm of Magic).  There's a weight machine in Darrel and Emilia's room.  Poor old Minerva kept using it, and then randomly getting either embarrassed or angry and dying.  I think I brought her back 4 times!  Between that, and that you have to fix her so she can pee-- that poor lady!  (She is somehow missing the hidden trait "Toilet use sitting."  You can cheat it on using MCCC, or cas.fulleditmode and in CAS, go into custom gender options and change "Can this sim use the toilet standing?"  to "Yes" and then back to "No.")

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: Exercise for elder sims - how do you do it?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 11:45:26 AM »
OK, I will have them do yoga then. Thank You. No, I do not have the Growing Together pack but thank you anyway. I really do like the elder sims in TS4 (and they can be changed in CAS so that the won't look boring, old and grey) so I wanted them to have something to do. But now I will try this.  :)
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

anything