Author Topic: Collector's Box  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
Re: Collector's Box <Live Challenge -- Jump in!>
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2024, 07:26:23 PM »
My collectors sold their box for $12,448. I did better in my practice run (but not by much). I can't wait to find out how others got such amazing scores.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Collector's Box
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2024, 06:23:21 AM »
The Collector's Box event is now closed. My thanks to team member @LenaLJ for putting this one together. It was a lot of fun. Congrats to @Rebelangel for another win. That's three in a row for her. We have had plenty of back-to-back winners over the years, but I am unsure how many three-straight winners there have been.

Everyone is now free to share their strategy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2024, 08:23:31 AM »
My strategy for this challenge was to target the most valuable collectibles, which was the Omiscan treasure collection from Jungle adventures. The treasures were valued between $8-$10K, which after doing some quick math, I realized I'd have to collect 80 collectables worth $100 to be of equivalent value.

To collect the Omiscan treasures, my sims spent 4 out of the 5 days speedrunning the temples in Selvadora as many times as possible. Both were spellcasters, and on day 1, after a stop to the magic realm, purchased broomsticks so that they could fly, saving a lot of time that would otherwise be spent walking through the very large jungle. Then, one sim would blunt force the temple by trying every trap option until the next door opened (I found this to be faster than "examining" the traps), while the other would excavate. All ancient Omiscan artifacts were "sent away for authentication" as it takes several sim hours to authenticate on the archeaology table (which were several sim hours that could be spent collecting!). The other sim would also occasionally explore the other "hidden areas" of the jungle because the scenarios generated after cutting down the vines could drop Omiscan treasures and other collectibles on occasion. For this reason, whenever it was daytime, I went to the marketplace in Selvadora to stock up on adventure gear.

In total, they collected 9 unique Omiscan Treasures and nearly completed the Ancient Omiscan artifacts collection (except one Cetlcitli statue :()

During the other time, the sims collected easy-to-get collectibles by visiting the Food/Garden shop in Henley-on-Bagford and the Magic Realm stores on a daily basis, going to the pond to collect the bare minimum number of frogs to breed the whole collection, purchasing simmies in the vending machine, purchasing crystal and sending them to the geological council to get elements, purchasing voidcritters, opening holiday crackers, writing to collect postcards (done between every trip to Selvadora), hoping the 4 pet rats would bring back postcards (they brought back 2 unique ones), and finally using the observatory / microscope to get prints. The two sims were part of the Knights of the Hedge club for the logic boost. There was also an ill fated attempt to make it to Sixam in the final 12 hours (the Knights of the Hedge club kindly built the rocketship for my sims :), but time ran out).

In all, this was a fun challenge. I haven't played much with the Jungle Adventures pack since it came out. I had very fond memories of Sims 3 World Adventures (when it worked!) and the gameplay for JA was a let down in comparison.

[Edited: See below for collector's box screenshot. Nothing is on the two non-visible walls.]

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2024, 08:33:33 AM »
Congratulations @Rebelangel ! I'm impressed that your sims managed to get 9 omniscan treasures in 4 days!
My sims went on collecting omniscan treasures too, they managed to get 8 different ones in 5 days, each worth between 8000 and 10000 $, which was quite the total of the box.
I kept searching omniscan treasures with both of them, doing nothing else except practicing archeology with one of them while the other was busy trying to open a door, and trying to complete the "jungle explorer" challenge.
They also put in the box things they found by venturing through the jungle and practicing archeology: fruits, vegetables, omniscan artifacts,crystals, fossils and 2 fishes.

They finally bought all the collecting items they could via the computer (plants, marbles, plushies, game cards...).
They both had great time in Selvadorada! One of them managed to complete the "jungle explorer" aspiration, which give twice more omniscan treasures in the temple chests, but that was finally unuseful for this challenge: the chests gave twice the same treasure.

I should have take time to go to Henford and Glimmerbrook to buy collectibles, but my sims were really busy in Selvadorada!

Here is a picture of my box ( @Rebelangel , I hosted the picture on an image hosting website and then entered the link between the tags img .

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2024, 09:58:27 AM »
Great write-up, @Rebelangel. To place a screenshot, click "Modify" to your post above. Assuming you want to place the screenshot at the end of your post, double-space after your last sentence to get the cursor in the right location. In the Attach section at the bottom, click Choose File. Find the screenshot on your computer, then click Open, then "Insert Attachment 1." Click Save and that should be it. What can be confusing is if you choose Preview the screenshot will not be visible.