Author Topic: Transferring Game Saves Won't Work  (Read 1903 times)

Offline uname1

• Nooboo
Transferring Game Saves Won't Work
« on: September 08, 2023, 02:22:01 PM »
I'm trying to move my saves from one computer to another. I've transferred my entire EA folder and, when I did, my old saves appeared in the Load Game menu, but the game doesn't allow me to play them (I've also tried the "Restore Saves" button in-game and it doesn't cooperate either). When I click "play", it sends me to the Choose a Neighborhood screen as if I'm playing a completely new game, but I have zero simoleons and it won't allow me to click onto any lot (it gives the warning "Sims cannot move onto non-residential lots" even if I hover over a house). The game seems to recognize my saves, but it doesn't allow me to do anything with them. (I also want to note that, while it shows my Sims' thumbnails in the Load Game menu, they don't appear on the "Resume Game" button).

I've used some of the guides written here by MrsFlynn, but nothing seems to fix this.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Transferring Game Saves Won't Work
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 07:59:19 PM »
It sounds like all your saves and other Sims 4 files moved or copied over fine. Plus Sims 4 can see your saves from
(C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves)

However you're not able to do anything with them? This seems like a familiar issue that possibly has to do with OneDrive.

The thread linked below has information on how to manage OneDrive.

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 saves/user content disappearing (PC)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-saves-user-content-disappearing-PC/td-p/12475370

If you feel the issues is not related to that, please post about it on answers.ea Sims 4 Tech Help.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Click the New Topic button to create a new help post. Link back to this thread or give details of what's going on so they can help further.

You should be able to play any of your save files since the game is seeing them. Unless something is blocking you from actually playing those specific saved-games. If that's the case, I am not sure what could be blocking the game from allowing you to play your saves.

If you're getting any error messages, please mention them, as that might help figure out what's going on. :)

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything