Author Topic: GPU Rating Info Seems Off  (Read 1121 times)

Offline camorose

• Nooboo
GPU Rating Info Seems Off
« on: December 13, 2023, 08:23:39 PM »
I've attached a screenshot of my DeviceConfig.log so y'all can see all of the information there that I may not be able to provide properly here.

So, the game seems to kind of recognize my graphics card, because when I loaded the game the first time it didn't show the unrecognized video card popup, but the config log lists my gpu rating as 1.

I have a NVidia RTX A4500, which is a 20 GB, Ampere (30 series) architecture card, so it very much should be rated 5. I've done the whole editing the deviceconfig log thing before with my laptop that has a 1650 mobile gpu, a 4 GB card on older architecture, and it registered as a 5 rating.  I don't really care if the A4500 can't get a 5 rating, as long as I can make it run like a card that has a 5 rating, which it very much has the capacity to do.

There a few things that could possibly be causing problems. First, I used LazyDuchess's alder lake patch and I don't know what that might have affected. Second, The config log lists my OS as windows 8 but I'm running windows 11.

TL:DR Graphics card is rated 1 when it really should be rated 5. How do I fix it so it can run 'uber'/5 rating settings?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: GPU Rating Info Seems Off
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 02:23:55 PM »
Thank you for sharing the name of your video card and it's device ID. I've edited the graphics files to add your card. So now your card should be recognized.

How-To: Get Sims 3 to Recognize a New Graphics Card
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.msg446248#msg446248

Please see the attachment at the bottom of the post.

If there are any issues, let me know. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline camorose

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 02:45:50 PM »
It worked! Thank you so much! :D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 03:02:47 PM »
You're welcome!! Thank you for letting me know it works!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *