Author Topic: Sims are incredibly depressed!  (Read 6428 times)

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
Sims are incredibly depressed!
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »
I have started a dynasty on SV yet I am unsure to continue as my Sims are incredibly depressed, to the extent that they don't want to do anything, including learning skills, cleaning or repairing. I have my home made Sim, Fleur who is engaged to Leighton Sekemoto, however, they refuse to get married because they are too depressed. All their needs are in the green and at this moment, Leighton has the moodlets; Having a blast (+40), Beautiful Vista (+30), Well rested (+10) and Filthy surroundings (-30) (he has this as they refuse to clean up). With these moodlets he should be able to accomplish everyday tasks but he refuses to and Fleur is the same. Both of their mood meters are bright red with no hint of yellow or green. Does anyone know how to fix this or should I just abandon ship and restart the dynasty?

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
Re: Sims are incredibly depressed!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »
I think it's a glitch. But I'm not sure though.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »
Try this thread.  I think it is a glitch. 
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:45:23 PM »
Thanks Gerrr, that was a big help  ;D

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:15:38 PM »
I had this once while playing a sim and letting him do everything that has nothing to do with fulfilling his lifetime wish. I really think that is what it causes. At least in my case.
Did your sim has also something like that?

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:14:44 AM »
It's got nothing to do with that. I completed my sim's LTW and a couple of hours afterwards his moodbar crashed. I think he was close to topping himself :P

It's an easy fix, although very annoying if it happens a lot (as it has done to me sometimes. Just save and quit the game, and restart it.

her0x3her0ine617

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:37 PM »
This happens to at least one of my sims if not more when I play the game for more than a couple of hours at a time. If you save and quit the game, then restart it, your sim will become happy again. Ohter than this, I haven't found another way to please them once they become miserable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 08:12:03 AM »
Try buying them nice expensive beds. At least it worked for me. It's probably a bug, and a particularly annoying one.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 08:57:31 PM »
This is a glitch that seems to have something to do with how the "Well Rested" moodlet for the cheap beds registers.  There are two ways to fix it:

1) Save the game, then exit to the main menu.  When you return to the game, all moods will return to where they should be as soon as time starts rolling again.
2) Buy more expensive beds that give a better value moodlet.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »
For me the bug persisted even after I bought the expensive beds.  It has even happened in my newer challenge hood, though not as seriously as in my dynasty hood, and I bought the expensive bed right off the bat in this hood.  For me the only temporary cure is to save and exit the game, then restart - then after a while it happens again, rinse and repeat.  And yes, it's annoying - but at least there is a way to deal with it.   :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »
I'm getting this in my current challenge game.  It fixes itself when I restart the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything