Author Topic: Any more expansion packs possible?  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
Any more expansion packs possible?
« on: August 07, 2023, 02:45:00 PM »
I remember the time when EA announced they're working on The Sims 5; that was also the time they were working on two more expansions, those being Growing Together and Horse Ranch.  Does that mean there wwon't be any more expansion packs?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Any more expansion packs possible?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 05:44:01 PM »
I think they will release more sims 4 content. Project Renee is likely over a year away or two. It does likely mean that there is no expansions this year. This is all an educated guess.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 06:30:20 PM »
Interesting.  Although do you also mean that there won't be anything more than kits (which don't add much besides cosmetic stuff)?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 08:41:33 PM »
Likely not this year. They stepped away from stuff packs. A game pack is possible but who knows. I do expect there will be an expectation or two next year. Kits are coming that is for sure. Note this is all a educated guess. Been playing since Making Magic from Sims 1.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 02:00:30 PM »
The Project Rene/Sims 5 announcement came long before they were ready to actually make it, because their hand was forced by leaks.  It's going to be a few years yet.  And in the meantime, they definitely want to keep making sales, so count on lots more content being released.
Now, what will be in them?  I think they've addressed most of the big wish list items we've been begging for since forever:  Farming, meaningful baby interactions, stuff to do as teens, werewolves, horses.  The only item I can think of that they still haven't given us is cars.  And, what would cars look like in TS4?  A glorified travel animation?  Everyone gets in, it reverses out the driveway, and then the loading screen?  So, I think they'll get back to surprising us.  Let's hope the surprises aren't of the out-in-left-field variety like the Star Wars pack.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 06:42:34 PM »
X-Sims Pack - Forget Vampires, Aliens, Magic Users and Werewolves. Mutant-Sims with super powers are the new way to go. :D Plus, they live in the sewers

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 06:49:44 PM »
Yeah, another Life State would be great; a superhero life state was something I came up with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2023, 01:01:44 PM »
The Project Rene/Sims 5 announcement came long before they were ready to actually make it, because their hand was forced by leaks.  It's going to be a few years yet.  And in the meantime, they definitely want to keep making sales, so count on lots more content being released.
Now, what will be in them?  I think they've addressed most of the big wish list items we've been begging for since forever:  Farming, meaningful baby interactions, stuff to do as teens, werewolves, horses.  The only item I can think of that they still haven't given us is cars.  And, what would cars look like in TS4?  A glorified travel animation?  Everyone gets in, it reverses out the driveway, and then the loading screen?  So, I think they'll get back to surprising us.  Let's hope the surprises aren't of the out-in-left-field variety like the Star Wars pack.

I know I would like them to bring back the car that your sims can work on to refurbish.  That was always a fun family project.  At least, I don't think they brought it back yet.  Otherwise, I can't really think of much else I would like to see that hasn't been done already.  Maybe some new vacation worlds to visit, but other than that?  Who knows.

Offline Harmonie

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 11:57:09 AM »
I don't see them stopping making content for The Sims 4. I don't think they'd end on Horses, as much as I love horses.

anything