Author Topic: Installing harvestables - will there be problems? (Solved)  (Read 3072 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Installing harvestables - will there be problems? (Solved)
« on: June 23, 2023, 04:43:10 AM »
Hello everyone!

I just happen to read a thread over at the forum at thesims.com about the lack of harvestable (why did the spellcheck mark that?) oranges in game. And it's a thing I have been thinking about too. Linked was a mod by icemunmun from MTS and the creator sure does have some mods for the garden: https://modthesims.info/downloads/all/380/?u=4590936 . I'm very interested in grabbing some of the mods for my game but as you might know my installs are not up to date (and will never be!).  Most of the mods seems to be made about 2017 or a little later and the game I play the most (desktop) is at patch level 1.89.214 1030 (laptop install was updated last year or so). The thing is that the mods have been updated recently and I'm not sure if this will bring any issues to my game if I install them. I don't know much about these things so I need some help here.  :-[

Edit: My laptop install have the patch level 1.89.214 1030 and that means that my desktop install is even older. Sorry for the messup...
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Installing harvestables - will there be problems?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 04:58:58 PM »
Sounds like the mods are newer than what your game is patched for, so it might not be a good idea to try them.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: Installing harvestables - will there be problems?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 11:35:48 AM »
Hello.

Before I say anything else I want to make a big excuse because I somehow happen to mix things up in my head...  :-[ I did launch my laptop install today and found out that it does have the patch level in my original post. So my desktop install is even lower then that...

But with this new facts at hand I see a even bigger risk for issues if I install the mods I were interested in. So I will leave that idea. Thanks anyway for the input!  :)
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

anything