Author Topic: Is there issues with making sub-neighborhood Sims playable  (Read 1047 times)

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
Is there issues with making sub-neighborhood Sims playable
« on: July 03, 2023, 02:28:01 PM »
I just had a Sim from Twinbrook attend college, and while there he fell in love with one of the college neighborhood "Townies". My plan is that once he finishes his degree, he will propose to the townie girl, and have her move back to Twinbrook with him. I just have a couple questions regarding this particular scenario:

1. Is it safe to have her move to a main neighborhood? I've seen a few threads on the Sims forums, reddit, etc that say adding sims from sub hoods (World Adventures/University/Into The Future) can damage the game in the long run 'cause the character files are incomplete.
2. Will this Townie University student still appear in other instances of the University? Like say right now I have her marry her Twinbrook boyfriend, and she moves there, will she be removed from the college town completely or say if I send another Sim to college from, say Bridgeport for example, will she reappear in the Bridgeport version?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is there issues with making sub-neighborhood Sims playable
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 03:56:17 PM »
In my experience when I've taken a Sims from say University and move them in with my family. It removes them from University -- in my current save file. Even if I move and have someone in my current family goes to university.  The Sim I added to my family won't be wondering around the University town.

I don't really know if it actually deletes or removes their data from University or not. That's something you may want to ask over at Nraas about. They seem to be really knowledgeable when it comes to game information like that.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything