Author Topic: Is this a bug?? - Lot filled with Sims  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Is this a bug?? - Lot filled with Sims
« on: June 08, 2023, 06:41:39 PM »
He all!

So i was playing my game and my sim is in the sports career, as he was going to work, all of a sudden the lot across the street from the stadium was filled with proprietors (NPC) sims some from the town i am playing in, but lots others and they just kept coming and coming! my question is, is this some kind of bug or glitch?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is this a bug?? - Lot filled with Sims
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 07:10:14 PM »
I've heard of this bug/glitch, but I'm not sure how to fix it other than to change the lot type to no visitors allowed or to maybe save the lot to the library, bulldoze it and replace it.

To change lot type: Click on lot via Edit Town and select the house/bench button and choose No Visitors Allowed.

Sims 3 - How To: Save a House/Community Lot to the Library
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 02:13:03 PM »
Out of frustration, I deleted the game and playing the other two saved games I have, Mrs. Flynn. I did however think of doing that, but the sim I was playing was hiccuping, (it's the only way I could describe what was going on), so I just deleted the game. thanks for the suggestion though, and I will definitely do what you suggested if it happens going forth. I never saw so many proprietors in any of my games, ever! you would think it was a convention of some kind, LOL

thanks again!

happy simming!

p.s. you know, things like this wasn't happening until EA took over from the origin app either

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 02:33:04 PM »
Tons of Sims and proprietors on the lot is a rare occurrence, but it does happen from time to time. I think it started happening after Showtime came out if I remember correctly.  Here's an example:

Performance Park filled with proprietors but no performance
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20786.msg381462#msg381462

I get deleting the save file. I usually delete it and go back a save before the glitch/bug happened. Or save my house and Sim separately to the library and start a new save with them. Or just start completely over.

Hopefully your other saves are behaving better?
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 04:13:02 PM »
yes my other saves are excellent. for the sports career game I was using the MLB career mod from mod the sims. it was working fine when i used origin, but now that I am forced to use the EA app, i have this bug/glitch thing with that career.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 08:51:10 PM »
That is good to hear!! :)

It looks like that mod was having some issues before the Origin to EA App switch. However something could have happened during the switch that made it become unstable.  It doesn't looks like it's being supported anymore or I'd say you could ask about it over at the mods page.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2023, 12:42:21 PM »
good to know! i was wondering why I couldn't find it there anymore. I was using a save from my portable hard drive I shop at mod the sims and save some mods to my portable hard drive so I don't have to keep downloading anything.   thanks, Mrs. Flynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything