Author Topic: The Mother of All Baby Boomers (an Infantile Challenge)  (Read 9435 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: The Mother of All Baby Boomers (an Infantile Challenge)
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2023, 02:43:41 PM »
yeah I noticed that which is why I'm worried I inadvertently broke the rules. I'll wait to hear for a ruling

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2023, 02:52:34 PM »
yeah I noticed that which is why I'm worried I inadvertently broke the rules. I'll wait to hear for a ruling

Teresa is on vacation, so I cannot get her feedback. We await more feedback from mismck (who is 10X the player I am :)). She will weigh in soon when she has more time at the end of the day. My initial thought (and hers) is we never specifically said you could only use Sims living in houses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2023, 03:18:25 PM »
First - congratulations Elinoee!!!
Second - I have never hit the limit for played sims before.  It hasn't been an issue.
Third - along the way, I found a 38th milestone - would not be shocked were there more.
Fourth - I, too, made a list of all potential mothers in alphabetical order, starting with Alice Martin and ending with Zoe Patel and noted their ages.  A list of all empty houses in order of cost. For families with more than one potential mom, I split the moms apart before playing.*  For most moms, infant adoption.

The Spencer-Kim-Lewis household has:
A - a bunch of money (for things like all the fancy infant stuff, maids, butlers, etc)
B - 4 non-working adults to for round-the-clock child care and milestone help (and a child who can also do some of those things while being otherwise neglected by those 4 non-working adults)
C - a lot with bad sightlines
So, Alice started 3 kids on day 1- (adoption, science, and pregnancy). Almost all the focus was on the adopted child who hit most of the milestones while waiting for the other two to be born & age up.  Meanwhile, Denis and Eric started working their way through the A & YA women alphabetically.  (They only got to the M's.  Olivia has a lot of new, young relatives).  Because Alice's pregnancy was first, that baby was the "timer."  Once it aged into an infant, the pattern was change houses, adopt, then (if needed) do additional milestones, then wait for the newborn to age into an infant, then move on.**

Could not get a kid to blow a kiss or play peek-a-boo.  I had to stop early (again.  I need to time these better), so Zoe's kids could have made it, but...

I also got this lovely picture:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
* a couple of exceptions, e.g., because of neighborhood stories, I couldn't find a families. The Free Spirits do not have any money and could not afford a second house, etc.

** as it would change the score, I do know how many babies were adopt only v. the ones I made happen while playing the father. 

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2023, 03:22:35 PM »
 :D Well, I goofed on this one more then I thought apparently.

I initially tried to speedrun to J to not miss out on Jesminder's birth, and had all those households adopt/science baby, not realizing newborns didn't count until I read a clarification post, as I thought it was any baby added to the household not specifically infants<newborns, which lost me a fair bit...
And I thought once I got to Z(Zoe); that was it, I was done, because that's the end of the alphabet not okay start from A again.

Though that does instantly tell me how scores were so much higher then me ^-^;;

Thanks for sharing all, I think i'll be bale to plan better for future events now @-@

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2023, 03:32:20 PM »
Thank you @SueDenim  :)
Can you tell me what is the 38th milestone you discovered?!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2023, 03:33:51 PM »
And I thought once I got to Z(Zoe); that was it, I was done, because that's the end of the alphabet not okay start from A again.

Want to know something funny? That's exactly how I played it! But, again, like I told Vesper with the homeless Sims issue above, we never said in the rules you could only go through the alphabet once. So, bravo to those of you that think outside the box. :)

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2023, 04:27:39 PM »
Thank you @SueDenim  :)
Can you tell me what is the 38th milestone you discovered?!

Pet adoption.  In the lists, it shows up as an adult milestone.  But the Lynx infant -> newborn got it. I adopted another cat to make sure the adopted newborn had it as well.

Also why I had a fire and death, just to make sure they weren't also milestones.  (They weren't.  But the Grim Reaper is really good with babies.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2023, 05:56:12 PM »
My favourite moment was when Jesminder Bheeda, with their cramped living quarters, decided to lay down her infant outside the apartment door just as Vlad was skulking along the corridor, making it look like she was an offering.

That's hysterical - I would have LOVED to see that!

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2023, 06:10:15 PM »
Great scores and great strategies everyone! The Team has had a little pow-wow and we don't see that anyone broke any rules. We love out-of-the-box thinking (and actually expect it when we keep the ruleset short & simple).

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2023, 07:28:28 PM »
Thanks for your input, @mismck. @SueDenim, that picture of Grim with the baby is amazing and creepy at the same time.

Speaking of Grim...true story here. I am helping my youngest girl learn to drive, and we went to a cemetery this afternoon. I can sense she is nervous. Before I turn things over to her I say "Claire, if things go horribly wrong, look where we are." It worked, and she giggled.