Author Topic: A question about fire fighters and atrocious reputation  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Simsatspeed3

• Nooboo
A question about fire fighters and atrocious reputation
« on: December 31, 2021, 11:41:58 PM »
I have an interesting situation, at least to me, in a Sims 4 household I have been playing.
The Sim has an atrocious reputation, is in the criminal career and more enemies than friends.
The Sim was off to work when a ghost from a random tombstone they picked up started running around doing Sim ghost stuff and set the house on fire when they started cooking.
I figured I would have to buy a new stove and a counter after the firefighters put the fire out and the Sim arrived back home.
But no, the smoke detector was blaring but the firefighters never showed, an hour and half of play down the drain because I got lazy and wasn't as diligent with the save as I should have been.
So, I reloaded and setup some incense to see if it just glitched but sure enough the firefighters never showed.
I called and the smoke detector was going but no luck.
I went through the standard removing mods, which I only had MCC, and no luck so I deleted appdata and programdata, the sim 4 folder in document but kept the saves.
Tested other saves, created new Sim, played a townie Sim on the world of the errant save, but the firefighters worked as intended except for my evil criminal.
So, I was wondering, do firefighters not respond to Sims with really bad reputations, or is Sims 4 not that advanced?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: A question about fire fighters and atrocious reputation
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 02:33:21 AM »
It's more like they don't always work the way they should.  And they'll work right in one save, but not another.  On another site, I'm following someone who has one save, with mods that make fire more dangerous, where the firefighters either don't show up at all or are completely useless when they do show up.  And their fires spread like everything is soaked in gasoline.  Same person has other saves where things are more normal, and the firefighters show up and actually help.  Same mods and everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 02:56:09 PM »
That does seem like a problem.  Fortunately, there's the option to have the fire sprinkler thing installed (though the sprinklers won't spawn outside unless there's a higher floor right above the ground (I assume)).

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 10:04:58 PM »
This is kind of unrelated, but I know you can't stop a fire by surrounding it with babies. A fire will however keep CPS at bay. Posting for a friend, LOL.