Author Topic: How to have a perfect wedding in Sims 3?  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Johanna6

• Nooboo
How to have a perfect wedding in Sims 3?
« on: April 14, 2023, 07:09:17 AM »
I have Pets and Supernatural. I'm marrying Belinda Crumplebottom and Linda Rogers from Moonlight Falls. They have a full relationship bar and are fiancées. Belinda is friends with Sophie (Linda's adopted fairy daughter). I'm playing the Crumplebottom sisters. They also adopted a kitten early on, called Kia. Her traits are Playful, Hyper, Neat, and Non-Destructive.

I'm also wondering if I should age up the kitten? I have aging off but I could turn it on and adjust the kitten stage duration so she ages up. She's currently safe on the first floor* with all her stuff, but I doubt she would cause much trouble as an adult. Do you think I should age her up and involve her in the wedding? Also, are there any reasons not to age her up in general?

*Different people call floors different things, it's very confusing. She's on the floor above the ground floor, hopefully that will be clear to everyone.

So, anyway, how do I throw a perfect wedding? I haven't done weddings much in Sims, and last time I did was years ago and it turned out very underwhelming. I need help - how do I have the best wedding possible given my expansion packs, and get everyone involved?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How to have a perfect wedding in Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 10:39:38 AM »
I've never tried to throw a perfect or big wedding celebration, so I had to search on this. Here's some guides I found.

How To's: Romantic Interests in The Sims 3
Dating, Falling in Love, Proposing Marriage, and Having a Wedding
https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/relationships/romance.php

How to Get Married in the Sims 3
https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Married-in-the-Sims-3

Step #6: Hold the wedding. To get married instantly, select Romantic → Have Private Wedding. For a big celebration, have the engaged Sim use a cell phone to Throw a Party and select wedding. Once married, you can move the other Sim into your household.

🟌 T Generations expansion pack adds many marriage-related options and items. This includes wedding arches, wedding cake, and bachelor/bachelorette parties.

I'm not sure if pets can be involved in the wedding or not, you could give it a try. Try aging kitty up in a test-save and have the wedding in the test-save as well to give it all a test-run and if it comes out okay, have a big wedding celebration in your main saved-game. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kwohld89

• Nooboo
Re: How to have a perfect wedding in Sims 3?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 09:57:20 PM »
Hey Johanna, I also wanna say that TSR has a lot of great wedding venues you can download for free to help really make it special!

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3-lots-community/order/downloads/attributes/attr62_Fully/search/wedding/

anything