Author Topic: CC help  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Jackio

• Nooboo
CC help
« on: January 18, 2023, 04:48:33 PM »
Hi everyone

I’m new to this forum . I lost all my CC when the game updated tonight. So spent hours downloading more and have saved it in Mods in the Sims 4 file. I then created files in there , hairstyles , clothes etc. it has not gone into my game. Nooooo I’ve spent hours! Is it because I have created several files within the mods file ?

Jackie from England !

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: CC help
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 07:29:56 PM »
I searched on this question, and found in the notes put together on this board that it might be because you've created several files within your mods folder.

Here's what the notes say about organizing CC in subfolders.

Sims 4 doesn't work well with more than 1 level of sub folder in mods. You can edit the 'resource.cfg' file to recognize more levels but it is generally easier to just have lots of folders under mods instead. Eg mods/female hair/*.package, mods/male hair/*.package.

Before changing your resource.cfg file , back it up so you have the original file just in case something goes wrong.

You may be able to find more info in the discussion section of Mod the Sims or one of the other mod sites.

====

Reference Links:

Custom Content and Mods (Install/Remove/Organize/Fix)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23495.msg410220#msg410220

Sims 4 - How-To: Fix Problems with Mods/CC
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jackio

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 07:19:12 AM »
Thank you. My CC is in subfolders in Mids though. Should I just take them all out ? Also how do I prevent my CC from disappearing again when there is another update. I thought about having another file in my documents and copying them into there as well ? Thanks so much for your quick reply 😊

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 02:25:24 PM »
I'm not sure why they're not showing up even if they're in subfolders in the Mods folder
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Hair - for example.

You could try moving your full mods folder w/all subfolder inside out to your desktop. This is for backup and testing purposes.  Delete the localthumbcache.package file from The Sims 4 folder, in the Documents folder. - [\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4]

Add back in one subfolder at a time, load up the game to check if it shows up in-game. Quit without saving. Delete the the localthbcache.package. Repeat this step till you have it all installed/showing in-game.

If you find that some isn't installing/showing in-game, check the last subfolder you added back. You may need to delete the CC that aren't showing.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Jackio

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 11:16:27 PM »
Thank you. It’s worked. I will do that next time there is an update. You have been so helpful.

Jackie

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 10:59:55 AM »
You're welcome!!  It's a good idea to test mods and custom content each time there's an update.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 03:25:48 PM »
Hey, looking at this thread, I wonder if @Jackio has simply forgotten to go back into game settings and turn mods and CC back on? 
When there's a new update, Maxis will disable your mods.  This is to prevent problems with anything that might need updating.  Hair and clothes are probably fine, those don't really break.  Mods that change gameplay in some way might need updating though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jackio

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 03:49:07 PM »
Yes Brian I didn’t know I had to. Thank you . X